Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 250 Blue/white smoke problem

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  EthanRevs 
#1 ·
Hey y'all, new here. Anyways, I have an 08 Raptor 250 SE ( orange and black edition ) and there is blue / whiteish smoke coming out of my exhaust. I mean a lot, like more than my 2 stroke HONDA ATC 250R's. It was not smoking three weeks ago. I sent it in to get tuned up and I get it back smoking more than a 50 year old chainsmoker... Idk what to do at this point, I'm at a loss. I'm not losing any oil or anything, yet. I haven't lost any power. What causes the raptor 250 to smoke so much? Especially after a tune up. I didn't tune it up myself but he ( my trusty mechanic, who is also a friend of mine ) gave me the full package, clean air filter, clean oil, etc. Everything.

I keep dumping money into this wheeler and I don't know if I can keep doing it. It's a 4 stroke, it should be able to run forever. :(

#3 · (Edited)
If it's aluminum your clutch basket and prob inner hub going. That's normal due to the age of it and prob usage. Steel would be stripped out gears which is rare in this day and age, or worn out shift dogs.

You need valves guides redone. It will run forever its a air cooled 4 stroke but these are kids bike and most never do service on them so they are run hard and hardly ever have oil changed.

#4 ·
Thanks. I narrowed it down. BTW, I beat the shit out of it. I am HARD on my bikes. I've gone through two pairs of tires this year and three chains. Any who, I do take good care of it, maintenance wise. The problem actually is looking like valve guides. I didn't find much metal specs so I'm not too worried there... I bought the bike off a dealership before me, I'm sure they would've checked it out before selling it to me, but you never know. The bike has been great. I ran it maintenance for at least a year with no problems before I even had to do anything, and that was only the chain that needed to be changed. I still did oil changes, of course. Anyways, thanks for replying! -EthanRevs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.