10 Replies, 145 Views
Case Saver/ Chain Guard
03-23-2014 06:32 PM
Last post by raptordude
Today 09:30 PM
41 Replies, 585 Views
» Sponsors
Go Back   Yamaha Raptor Forum > Other > Media

View Poll Results: Where do you mount your camera?
Side of helmet?? 13 50.00%
Top of helmet?? 10 38.46%
Both 1 3.85%
Other 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ride or Die

Default Helmet Camera mounting??

Hey guys, i put mounts on each side of my helmet and 1 on the top. So far i have only made/tested out 1 video with my new gopro. The video i made i had it positioned on the side of my helmet. Where do you guys position your gopro/helmet cameras.

On the side? or on the top?? What are your pros and cons for each placement and what do you suggest i use or is better. I mostly ride trails by the way. It's winter right now so i dont do much riding but just want to be prepared for spring.

Thanks!

P.s. you can check out my channel @ www.youtube.com/blackthunder400
black_thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
GARAGE CULTURE

My normal mount is on the side.

But there are two more really awesome places not mentioned in the poll!

If you have a handlebar mount, mount it on the bars with the lense facing yourself. You will like this one. Be a Hero!!! It looks super cool.

Another nice one, is on the nerf bar (GYTR has a nice spot) at the back, just outside of the heel guard, lense facing your front shock. You will really enjoy seeing your suspension work or your front wheels coming off the ground in wheelies.
Powercommander 5 with DL700 Timing Curves, FCI with Box, Hotcam Stage 3, Ported Head +2 +1 by Freez, CP 11:1, +3 Throttle Body, DMC Force 4, Lonestar Swingarm, Houser MGC LT +2.25, Custom Axis LT Triple Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Front, Custom Axis Double Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Rear, Hipertech 3, Maxxis Razr2, Fasst Flexx, Precision Pro Steering Damper, Tusk Extended Hubs, Quad Tech Seat, Rukind Raptor Eyes!
Pacific Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Id say just under your helmet visor if the camera aint too big. You can adjust your visor to put it higher and out of your view. Then again that nerf bar install sounds sweet unless its muddy outside.

2009 Raptor 700R SE - Mods: Runkind light covers and speed limiter blue wire cut

Can now provide most manuals for most makes and models and years. Send me an email at fufner75@gmail.com BE SPECIFIC: YEAR/MAKE/MODEL add Hiya Frenchie in your email so i know your from this forum. My manuals galore thread http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95852
fast frenchie canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific Barbarian View Post
My normal mount is on the side.

But there are two more really awesome places not mentioned in the poll!

If you have a handlebar mount, mount it on the bars with the lense facing yourself. You will like this one. Be a Hero!!! It looks super cool.

Another nice one, is on the nerf bar (GYTR has a nice spot) at the back, just outside of the heel guard, lense facing your front shock. You will really enjoy seeing your suspension work or your front wheels coming off the ground in wheelies.
i heard the handlebar mount isnt good because its really shaky?? I just watched a video on youtube of the gopro on the nerf bar and it was really cool. I actually commented & asked how he mounted it, still waiting on a response..I imagine you know though so how do you? lol ...just one of those sticky mounts, or a handlebar mount?? Id be scared to kick off my gopro or something.

It also seems the side keeps it nice and leveled without to much adjusting on what can be viewed. Thanks for the feedback man!
TFI Fuel Controller, Pro Design Air Filter, Pro-Armor Kill-Switch, Protaper Handlebars UPP Poly-Urethane Case saver, Powermadd Hand guards, Pro-Armor Nerf Barfs, Pro-Armor Rear Grab bar, Maxxis Razr2's, Aluminum Skid Plates, Mod Quad Gas Cap, Baffle Removed

Check out my Raptor videos by clicking the link below & subscribe! www.youtube.com/MrBlackthunder400
Old 02-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast frenchie canada View Post
Id say just under your helmet visor if the camera aint too big. You can adjust your visor to put it higher and out of your view. Then again that nerf bar install sounds sweet unless its muddy outside.
ya i was trying that when i was looking for places to mount it but wasnt enough room
TFI Fuel Controller, Pro Design Air Filter, Pro-Armor Kill-Switch, Protaper Handlebars UPP Poly-Urethane Case saver, Powermadd Hand guards, Pro-Armor Nerf Barfs, Pro-Armor Rear Grab bar, Maxxis Razr2's, Aluminum Skid Plates, Mod Quad Gas Cap, Baffle Removed

Check out my Raptor videos by clicking the link below & subscribe! www.youtube.com/MrBlackthunder400
Old 02-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have used a bar mount on my grab bar facing back, but the Barker's cause so much vibration on the grab bar that it is far too shakey to see anything. On person, my favorite spot so far is on the top of the helmet, as seen in my avatar. I dislike side of the helmet due to limited visability with the chin piece of the helmet being in the way.
rappy'97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ride or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappy'97 View Post
I have used a bar mount on my grab bar facing back, but the Barker's cause so much vibration on the grab bar that it is far too shakey to see anything. On person, my favorite spot so far is on the top of the helmet, as seen in my avatar. I dislike side of the helmet due to limited visability with the chin piece of the helmet being in the way.

ya thats exactly what i was thinking, I mounted mine a little closer to the front for that reason.

With it on top do you have problems always having to adjust it so it shows the trails ahead rather than looking straight down or up to high? Any tips or tricks on how you have it so its perfect for viewing?

Old 02-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I do like the mount on the nerf bar. Cool to watch the suspension work and all.
stadn67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_thunder View Post
ya thats exactly what i was thinking, I mounted mine a little closer to the front for that reason.

With it on top do you have problems always having to adjust it so it shows the trails ahead rather than looking straight down or up to high? Any tips or tricks on how you have it so its perfect for viewing?
Not too sure on that, as I don't ride trails, so I've never had any alignment issues, so to speak. Best bet would be to bring a laptop with you, or get an LCD backpack to view it, and adjust from there.
rappy'97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
GARAGE CULTURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadn67 View Post
I do like the mount on the nerf bar. Cool to watch the suspension work and all.
With those JD Performance a-arms, I can imagine, you would love to view your suspension in action!
Powercommander 5 with DL700 Timing Curves, FCI with Box, Hotcam Stage 3, Ported Head +2 +1 by Freez, CP 11:1, +3 Throttle Body, DMC Force 4, Lonestar Swingarm, Houser MGC LT +2.25, Custom Axis LT Triple Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Front, Custom Axis Double Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Rear, Hipertech 3, Maxxis Razr2, Fasst Flexx, Precision Pro Steering Damper, Tusk Extended Hubs, Quad Tech Seat, Rukind Raptor Eyes!
Pacific Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement