Raptor Forum banner

would like your opinion

5K views 51 replies 7 participants last post by  TundraLu 
#1 ·
These things have been out for a while now and i have read up on programmers here and other places. I would like to know from those of you who still stay frequent in the forum cause i cant come up to a good conclusion on my own. Should i go with just a reg PC5 or PC5 with ignition or PC5 with ignition and boost? I really cant come up with a good decision of my own. Im really thinking of PC5 with ignition. Those of you who have them know if they are worth it or not.

#2 ·
I'd pay the extra and get it with ignition. Never know when you are gonna want or have to start putting parts on it. If you go to a big bore kit and big cam, you'll want the ability to adjust the timing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Thats what i was thinking. Just didnt know if it was just going overboard and not needed. Thanks.

Reactions: xMOWERYx
#5 ·
Ok thank you for the heads up and the info. Always love what the vets have to say.

Reactions: Andon Jones
#6 ·
I would always go with timing. Even a stock motor would benefit. If you are gonna boost it, get boost. If not, don't get it.

Reactions: ian77
#12 ·
What mods do you have? Was it that much of a difference? I just ordered one with the timing and it will be here Thursday. I cannot wait to see what it does to my raptor.

#8 ·
buy once cry once

Sent from my Commodore 64

#10 ·
Yes, ive bought so much lately that im always in tears, until i turn the key and my right thumb extends lol :grin

#9 ·
Other than the PC5(i hate using the roman numeral reads like a pcv valve) what would some of you suggest?

#13 ·
The timing will help with any low end lose that's associated with a hot cam 3. Gotta get a map with timing, not all maps have it.
What mods DO you have? Then we could give you an idea of what to expect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I just bought it. So far it has a Yoshimura slip on. I am trying to see if the FCI with box is worth the 300 or just get a Pro Design intake. My other Raptor has a Pro Design and seems to be good. Also thinking for a dual Big Gun EXO exhaust for this bike.

#15 ·
I have the FCI with box and I like it. My old k n would actually fit inside the FCI filter, it comes with a larger diameter intake tube as well. It isn't cheap but if you but if you have ANY thoughts of doing a piston cam throttlebody upgrade and you can afford it I'd buy it now, instead of trying to justify it later. Even without the top end it does add a lil sumptin. Adding the pcv, true duels, and an FCI would definently wake things up(a lot). [emoji15]

Reactions: ian77
#17 ·
Ok let me see where i want to go with the Raptor. I have 2 of them and 2 jet skis..lol The problemis if i mod one i will mod the other like my Seadoo's :wink. Man i went to Fort Leonard wood MO for basic..

Makes sense though. Buy it now instead of later :).

Reactions: mattzila
#16 ·
Google that setups dyno sheet compared to others. That helped me decide what was worth it and what wasn't.

#18 ·
Wish the FCI's between all years. If you have a 2015 or newer, you have to buy a specific kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#19 · (Edited)
I have been out a couple of times since i put the FCI, PC5 and EXO duals on. I can tell a big difference. Its has a lot more pep, quicker throttle response, a nice deeper tone. At times it does scare me, cause im used to it being the way that it was before i awoke the beast. Honestly i wish i would have done it sooner, but i had to get my creature comforts first, steering, suspension and things to make it more comfy. Like Mat said do a little bit of research on what all you plan on doing in the future so you can be ready with your fuel programmer, your intake and or throttle body, head port and polish cam or what not. I personally dont plan on going that far, but only time will tell. I am very happy with what i have done so far. I just wish my riding skill could be somewhat comparable to what my rap can do. Maybe Santa will bring me some skill for Christmas!

Reactions: mattzila
#20 ·
Ya mean "fort lost in the woods?" Met a bartender who lived in San Diego who did his basic there, that's what he called it. He ain't wrong

#31 ·
Ill try to get a video/audio of the sound for you, though it wont do it any justice.

#35 ·
Where in Florida are you? Would you be interested in a TUSK Rear axle. I bought it for one of my bikes but decided against getting extended front arms.

#42 ·
Ah, the 'bug', haha, it will get you !! Most will tell you not to waste your money on a HC2. Get a HC3 or better. If you can, have some porting done on the head. There's a lot of power to be found there.

Reactions: morphrider
#43 · (Edited)
My friend owns a machine shop so he will be porting the head himself. He has heavy experience in porting turbo manifolds, exhaust manifolds, and cylinder heads.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: Cammy
#45 ·
I would call and talk to him about a map. He's quite busy and I think a call and a reminder of a previous purchase will get his attention. A 11:1CP piston will add some good power. When the heads off, i highly recommend to have it ported by someone with 700 experience. Then a Stage 3 cam, and later on, a +3 throttle body. Gets you around 60 HP.

Reactions: morphrider
#47 ·
Ian sent me his map and the bike fired right up last night. I am going to go ride it in a bit to see how it runs. I have an Autotune2 in route as well to see where the tune is AFR wise at this time.

#50 ·
So that map worked out pretty well for you? If so im glad to hear it. It will be interesting to see what your auto-tune does. If you have good luck with it i may get it for when i go up to the mountains.

#51 ·
How do you like the sound of the exo's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.