Raptor Forum banner

03 blue/orange 660r custom lights and mods ?

12K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  walzy444 
#1 ·
Just posting some progress pics of my raptor headlights and led light bar, speakers, taillights etc...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks! Still in the process of making them. Almost 100% done tho.
I baked open the OEM lights, used the plastic exterior housing and just the clear lens from the lights (Because my 2.5" xenon Projector light wouldn't fit in the housing..) In my projector, I put red led strips for demon eyes, blue halo shroud and the blue led silicone tube as the eyeliner (it also fills the gap between the housing and the clear lens.. Siliconed the gaps on the front.. wired everything up.. then used bondo for the top and bottom edges because it had about a 1/2" gap i needed to close. Sanded it all smooth, painted black and now ready to mount back in. I changed the eye liner since those pictures :) I will post more up in a few. Currently the quad is in pieces..

#6 ·
Thats awesome, I never considered DIY headlights with all that detail.
So would it be possible to custom bend the eyebrow light into an expression?
How much did it cost you to buy all the parts and how much time did it take?

The only thing close I have seen were close to $300 on the china web.
But now you got me thinking, with a little relay work, I could make a winker. lol

#7 ·
I love doing headlight mods. Ive done it to my motorcycles, cars etc. I just like that different look that no one can buy :)
as for cost of parts.. I used my stock headlights
the projectors- $40
the bendy flex light tubes- $8
the red led strips- $6
can of bondo- $10
Tube of clear silicone -$7
HID ballast and bulbs (I had a bunch of extra from car projects)
Wire and connectors (I had a bunch)

Took about 3-4 nights of work.. 1 being baking the like open, then figuring out what to do to get it to all fit... mounting everything, silconing, letting dry, bondo, letting dry, sanding, cleaning, spray painting the bondo and housing black again.. bla bla I just enjoy it tho :)
Put a nice little LED light bar on her too! Pics are showing my old cars' headlights I did and bike.. hard to see the bikes headlight but i put a projector and halos in that as well.

Attachments

#10 ·
No kidding! I love the originality for sure. You should start collecting used headlamps to pre-do sets to sell. Just have the buyer mail their headlights to you first like a core. That way you always have a set to build and sell. I know I would be interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.