Factory setting of Fuel mixture screw? - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Factory setting of Fuel mixture screw?

Does anyone know where the fuel mixture screw comes set from the factory? 2 turns out? 3 turns out? I really screwed up my carb cause the screw was too tight to break loose... and now I think maybe I didnt even need to turn it at all? Ive heard that they are about 3 turns out from the factory and that is what I was shooting for? I have a new carb on the way and trying to decide if it would be best to just leave it alone? I will be upsizing the jets to 145/150... Any help appreciated... Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 06:20 PM

Re: Factory setting of Fuel mixture screw?

i beleive the stock fuel screw setting is about 2-2.5 turns out. but you need to turn it to where you think it will need to be, then run, check the plug, adjust, run, check plug, etc. until you have it dialed in.

2005 Raptor 660<br /><br />Mods:<br />12 tooth front sprocket<br />46 tooth rear sprocket<br />Skat Trak Haulers (10 paddle haulers)<br />Skat Trak Mohawk<br />Black HMF sport series slip-on<br />FMF powerbomb head pipe<br />Air box lid removed<br />Hot Cams stage 1 cam<br />Wiesco 11:1 piston<br />ASR +2, +1 pro star a-arms
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Re: Factory setting of Fuel mixture screw?

Thanks ... what a pain in the arse...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode