Raptor Forum banner

Which Big Bore Kit Should I Buy?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jsanders347 
#1 ·
Which Big Bore Kit should I get for an 01 660R...Ive been looking at the vitos and the trinity kits for the 720 stroker...What do you guys think?

#2 ·
Vitos uses the Barker stroker cranks, and while I'm not sure what is in their "kit" Trinity sells the Hotrods stroker cranks.

There are a lot of threads here comparing Hotrods Vs Barkers, many of them recent. A search through the modifications section should turn up some good reading material :thumbsup:

#3 ·
All depends wut type of ridin style u do.? And wut ur buildin the bike for and if u wanna run pump or race gas? Also remeber the more cc's doesnt mean the faster the bike im n the process of buildin a 686

#4 ·
I would like to stick with pump gas. I don't plan to go crazy with it, but i do want to step it up. I would not be racing any one but friends. The main riding would be trails, fields and some dirt track. The build will not necessarily be for speed. Im in the rebuild process and i do not want to regret not building the motor while it was apart.

#5 ·
Type of riding will have a lot to do with the headwork/cam aspect but not in regard to the type of stroker crank.

There are a lot of good comparisons out there, the main difference is the HR using an offset wristpin for better rod angles and the Barker using the standard location for more piston choice.

#6 ·
I too am browsing BB kits. Jmoore which did you end up with?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.