Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 660 cut out while riding

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  QuadManiac 
#1 ·
Was riding one day and quad cut out on me out of nowhere, i checked everything and came across that it had no spark, i then checked to see if it had power to cdi which it didnt, i bought a new coil and cdi.

I then put the coil in and new plug, put the cdi box in and it fired right up with no problem, i noticed it ran like crap and backfired then stalls, it starts right up after it stalls but does same thing. Mind you this cdi box is a rev box which isnt oem, maybe that is the problem

#4 ·
If you do cut the stator wire make sure you cut it on the stator side of the plug. That way your not hacking on your raptor's wireing harness.

#5 ·
You can remove the red wire's pin from the connector just above the left side cover, at the frame.

#6 ·
Does cutting or removing the red wire disable the "Rotor Rotation" circuit in the stator? Does that have any affect on the reverse rev limiter? My aftermarket stator doesn't have the rotor rotation circuit and it really raised the revers rev limiter. Its still there but seem about to be at 1/2 throttle.

#7 · (Edited)
Yes, you are correct, 03.

For the last couple of years now this (disconnecting red stator wire) has been my recommendation for eliminating the reverse limiter as an issue, because its limit RPM is raised so high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.