Raptor Forum banner

Helmet cam settings

6K views 56 replies 9 participants last post by  Madbrad 
#1 ·
So what resolution and frame rate are you guys using. Rap_Rider and Black_thunder I'm looking for your answers too here. I just bought a ghost drift hd s. Gonna head out and give it a try for the first time tomorrow. 1080p @ 60fps? 720p@ 120fps? What combo do you guys find works the best?

#2 ·
I use the 960-30 setting on my gopro. I looked it up when I first bought my gopro and people that ride said that's what they used, so I went with it.

I have no problems. When I upload it to YouTube people can still watch up to 1080p HD. I did have it on that 1080p setting on the gopro once but I found when I tried uploading videos and workin on them it went extremely slow. I know you have seen my videos so you know the type of quality. Keep in mind I only use windows live movie maker to edit.

My laptop is 5 years old though. With the 960 setting, my videos load faster to the computer and are way easier to work with.(speed wise)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I'm debating going with 720 @ 120 fps. 720 is still great picture quality and really hard to tell the difference from 1080 on you tube. I'll try a few out tomorrow.

#4 ·
I've also been told the 1080p is only good if you have a good editing program and are planning on using slow mo. I'm not an expert at the recording settings myself as I have it on what has been working for me so don't want to change it and then something cool happens but the footage doesn't work out.

I also recommend looking up some YouTube videos of people that own drifts & are doing some sort of Motosport, just so you can get an idea of exactly what it will look like as the gopro and drift are different cameras. I remember watching a video of a comparison of the two & they are both good & unique in their own ways.

#6 ·
Lol I haven't got to that point yet. I haven't even shot my first video. I use iMovie for all the stuff I shoot of the kids with my iPhone. I'll see how it work with these vids.

#13 ·
Johnny check out my youtube channel. I have plenty of videos of me riding on my raptor. Different camera angles, dirt, water, mud hitting it. You can see what they go up against and the quality. Like i said i used windows live movie maker for those videos as well.

Link to my channel is right below

#15 · (Edited)
Ok here's is my first ride out. Sorry about the shitty angle. I'll get better with it. Lol. After I posted bitching about shitty angles I go and do the same thing. Haha. I adjusted the sound because I had the mic sensitivity up. Define i need to turn it down for next ride. May even look at getting the external mic to cut down on wind noise. Is clip was shot in 1080 60fps. Looks really sharp on my computer. Not sure if iMovie or YouTube compressed quality at all. It was uploaded from my phone aswell. I shot some clips at 720 120fps and 960 60fps. I'll try and post them up too.

http://youtu.be/mrsWMZX3f-s

#20 ·
you got a nice raptor! Learn to aim the camera though ;) :D ahaha

#17 ·
i don't buy any programs I got a site I download them and movies off of before they hit the shelves and man that looks like wat I rode in all winter

#18 ·
I wouldn't do anymore the 60 fps. most video is 24fps - 30 fps. on my old gopro I used 720 30fps, and it worked great.

With the HD 3+ I have tried the 1080p but my computer didn't like it at all. it maxed out my computer's brain and the video wouldn't play.

The higher the fps the harder it will be to edit and play using common computers. I stay with the 30 fps and even when I slow video down it still looks good. The only advantage to 60fps or higher is for slow mo.. and really for super slo mo.

the Go pro video program works well, and any current video program will work. I used the Gopro one once and it wasn't too bad. I typically use a program I have used for the DJ stuff called Sony Vegas Pro. It's expensive but allows for a lot of fun little options and unlimited video and audio tracks.

I have been doing the video for a while, but my problem is I want it too look like a TV show, or movie and it takes FOREVER to do it. it's gotten to where it's more like work then fun. Plus I keep getting about the same video all the time so it's not really different unless I try on purpose to get different camera angles and stuff.

#23 ·
Are you asking me or BT?

#24 ·
This came with the drift

#27 ·
I use the rounded flat mount on my helmets. I have them on 4 helmets, and even got attacked by a tree In Oregon 2 years ago and it stayed on. I just don't recommend the Suction cup thing. I lost a gopro before using one.

I mount mine on top of the helmet for a better view, and not having to see the side of the helmet.

#28 ·
I use the rounded flat mount on my helmets. I have them on 4 helmets, and even got attacked by a tree In Oregon 2 years ago and it stayed on. I just don't recommend the Suction cup thing. I lost a gopro before using one.

I mount mine on top of the helmet for a better view, and not having to see the side of the helmet.

Yeah the suction cup came off on my street bike with a buddy's camera and I had to buy him another.

#32 ·
720p 60fps typically. Most people's computers are 60hz refresh rate so they wouldn't be able to see the 120fps and only higher end tvs display 120hz refresh rates needed to see all 120 frames. As for 720 vs 1080 I never saw enough of a quality difference on decent sized tvs so I keep it at 720 to keep file sizes smaller.

#34 ·
I am a little late to this party I see, anyway I record in 720p 60fps. I like the 60fps and 1080 is a bitch to upload and edit. the software I use is just the free GoPro studios software, I think its one of the better free editing softwares out there.

And yes, I also use a safety line from the gorpo to my helmet. Just to make sure.

#38 ·
No problem! You can pretty much use anything, I used fishing line for a few rides but didnt trust it would hold up for long. Shoelace or what I just used would probably be best as they are both strong & meant to be durable

#37 ·
Unclipped.

#41 ·
depending on how long u ride u might want to get a extra battery for it. mine averages between 2 1/2 3 hours a battery. You can get a charger and 2 extra batterys for 15 to 20 bucks on ebay

#43 ·
U can download the go pro app to your phone and connect your go pro to that and watch your videos on ur phone and adjust the fps and video quality in the settings menu

samnsung s5

#45 ·
How well does the GoPro wifi app work. The ghost app sucks. The features are great but it never want to connect or stay connected.

#44 ·
That way you can ride a trail check and repeat till u like it

samnsung s5

#46 ·
Works good for me and really easy to use

samnsung s5

#48 ·
I think 720 resolution and 60fps and videos seem to look good and pretty easy to put on computer and utube

samnsung s5

#50 ·
No problem bud when ya get some videos post em on my thread (post your videos ) if ya want

samnsung s5

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.