Raptor Forum banner

Best Place to purchase Raptor 700R

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  theredscout 
#1 ·
I am going to pull the trigger on a new raptor 700R the first part of September...
Where is the best place to purchase on the West Coast??

#2 ·
In process of buying a new one myself. Best thing I can recommend is to call around to different places and basically have them work for you. Pick the best deal. Some places don't have a lot of business and will bend over backwards to please you and other places honestly don't care if you buy from them or not.

You can usually tell how well they will treat you by the first phone call.

#4 ·
Call Florence Yamaha and see what they cam do for you. But I agree, go on Yamaha's website and get a list of dealers and call around. Start close to home and work your way out.
I agree with Florence Yamaha, in Oregon. I bought a used 700 for $1000 under the going rate, and get 10% off parts after the purchase.

#5 ·
Watch Ebay to see if any dealers are clearancing them. You can sometimes find them cheap enough to justify the shipping freight charge. I bought my new '09 at end of '09 for cheaper with freight than any local shop could come close to.

#7 ·
I agree with what others have said and will add to check atvtrader online.com also, many dealers use it to list deals on new ATVs.

#8 ·
I would try my local dealer before I went anywhere else. I picked up my 15 SE for $8154 at Millers Motorsports and had no complaints on the entire transaction.

#9 ·
Wherever you go, be careful of their scams. Not refered to as "stealerships" for nothing.
I've heard from a few people about another Oregon dealership who charged them $8500 for a 15 raptor 700, not even the 700r. On top of that got them for "title and registration" fees of over $150.

In Oregon you do not need a title, and if you want one, it's about half that price.
You cannot "register" an atv here.
Your only needed "registration" is an ohv permit which is only like $10.

Point being; be careful. These places can be shady.

#10 ·
Santa clara. Grand prix yamaha. No bs they did not try to up sell anything and best price I could find. I think I paid 7000 for a 2015 700r. With tax and fees (a little bit of funny numbers) I paid 8600 out the door. Tax here r 9.75% which sucks but what can u do. I also went with 3 year loan at 3.99%. I would totally recommend these guys it was quick and simple. O and they also offer 15% of yamaha parts forever. Good luck with ur buy

#11 ·
Sooo, what part of the West Coast are you at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.