beadlocks - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
enx

beadlocks

Today i've got new Alba beadlock wheels. I have no experience with beadlocks whatsoever. I didn't try to put the tires on, I just opened the box.

Now I'm thinking, how the hell this things seal? There are no O-rings or other seals around beadlock rim.
I'm really confused now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 01:51 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Don't they pinch the bead..I have a set of hipers but never have had them broke down.
enx likes this.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 04:57 PM

They just clamp down on the bead of the tire. The rubber of the tire is the seal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
enx likes this.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
enx

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptordude View Post
They just clamp down on the bead of the tire. The rubber of the tire is the seal

I really hope so.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:37 PM

It's super simple, my buddy races 600 micro sprint cars which have bead locks and we change tires all the time, takes 5 min

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 06:51 PM

How do those Alba bead locks look? I have been thinking about getting a set for a while. You can't beat there price and the products that I have from them are top notch.

2014 Raptor 700R, Racers Edge tuned 734 Big Bore, CP 12.5:1 piston, Web 4 cam, 54mm Billet throttle body, +2 +2 KW valves/springs, HPS SS XP2 head, Monster Big Bore Duals, MSD fuel controler, Milers custom radiator, ProTaper handlebars, AVS Pro's, ODI grips, Alba Racing nerfs, Alba front bumper, Pro Armor rear grab bar, Custom tripple rate Jogaca shocks, ITP rims, Maxxis Razr XC's, 21" 9 paddle Skat Trak Extremes for the dunes!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 06:58 PM
VIP

Garage
Beadlocks are easy... Get the wheel inside the tire them clamp the beadlock ring down with the supplied hardware then fill it up with air. Done. The rubber will seal, I've run beadlocks for years on everything from RC cars to both my Raptors. As well as our crawler and RZR.

2007 727cc Desert Raptor
2007 Practice/Trail Raptor

2015 Silver State 300 Race Video

2015 Vegas to Reno Race Video

Follow me on Instagram @Quadrider700

Finished the 545 Mile Vegas to Reno Ironman
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:32 PM

One thing you will want to make sure is that the tire is centered before you clamp it down....sounds simple bug just a slight difference will cause it to wobble like crazy

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
enx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
How do those Alba bead locks look? I have been thinking about getting a set for a while. You can't beat there price and the products that I have from them are top notch.
They seem to be good quality. Beadlock rims are a bit brighter, than yamaha racing blue, but I work in a car bodyshop, so this is not a problem

I have another question. Now I have two sets of wheels. Stock, and those beadlocks. On one set I'll be using street tires, and on the other terrain tires. Should I use street tires on stock or beadlock wheels?

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fotografija0949.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	401.9 KB
ID:	108569  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 03:24 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

In my area, beadlocks are not legal on the street. Check your laws.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 66HP @ OCP. CUERVO +1 HEAD, HDD 5050, 11:1 CP, +5 HR, PC5, DMC FORCE 4, +2 TB, FCI, LONE STAR XC +1, HD TIE RODS, CCP, WORKS, JOKERS +1 STEM, RDZ CHAIN TENSIONER, ASV, +2 1/2 FACTORY SWINGARM, +4 ALBA AXLE, +2 REAR HUBS, DR.D, ODI, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. GYTR: BRAKE LEVER, SHIFT LEVER, NERF BARS, HEAL GUARDS. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, OIL DIPSTICK, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS, FLUIDYNE RADIATOR, GRIPPER SEAT, 3 OHM COIL, PLUG WIRE MOD. 1.6 CAP

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode