Color Code? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Color Code?

Hey guys, so I have been looking around for the color code to the 50th and now 60th ed yellow. I want to get a can of that yellow and paint some odds and ends like front brake cover, high temp paint for cam cover, oil fill plug, ya know extra hp bits! I cannot find it to save my life; I have tried this web sight http://www.colorrite.com/department/...aint-11304.cfm but they don't have my code on it, I also got some high temp paint from my local auto zone and it is pretty far off from my color... I do have some powder coating here in town but that can be expensive from my understanding. If you have any ideas please let me know you all are awesome!

Andon Jones AKA Jones m4n117

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

If you feel like watching some Raptor vids take a look!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJZ...3HMTWOG6OgX6Fw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 02:44 PM
VIP

You can go to any local automotive paint supply store(the guys who supply paint to body shops) and ask them to mix you up some paint for either a 2006 50th or a 2016 60th Anniversary Yamaha R1 street bike which is the correct color to match your Raptor.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIMBAZOID View Post
You can go to any local automotive paint supply store(the guys who supply paint to body shops) and ask them to mix you up some paint for either a 2006 50th or a 2016 60th Anniversary Yamaha R1 street bike which is the correct color to match your Raptor.
Thanks a ton man feel like a idiot haha!

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed
-GYTR exhaust and intake, Pro Design Uni (THANK YOU Santa DEZ! ),YFZ fronts and 700r rear all done the the "King Of The Spring" Jogaca!! ,PC3 ,TUSK nerf bars,GBC XC-Masters rear and fronts,AC racing bumper,6000k Bi-Xenons,trail tech bars,ODI grips,TUSK hand guards, and the best graduation present ever!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 10:34 PM
VIP

Not a problem.

Back in 2000 when I bought my 660, I wanted to paint my helmet the new Yamaha blue to match and had some paint mixed for an R1 and it was perfect.
Andon Jones likes this.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIMBAZOID View Post
Not a problem.

Back in 2000 when I bought my 660, I wanted to paint my helmet the new Yamaha blue to match and had some paint mixed for an R1 and it was perfect.
That's awesome!!

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 PM

Garage
I'm also a stickler when it comes to the paint correctly matching. I have a 60th and I wanted to paint the front brake covers from silver to yellow. I went and just bought the most heavy duty paint I could find, and it actually looks great. But If I was to put it right next to my plastics, it would look a little off. But you can't tell since its on the wheels. Also something that stands out every time I look at it is my powermadd hand guards. The yellow is like neon yellow compared to the plastics more golden yellow. Thought about painting them with the spray I got which is closer to the plastics. But decided not to because even though the paint I have is a heavy duty enamel, I was afraid the guards would flex too much and make it peel off.
Andon Jones likes this.

2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Gutted out Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Front-Maxxis RazrII/ Rear-BKT 207, 15T GYTR Front Sprocket, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, Pro Armor Shock Covers, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-03-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMOWERYx View Post
I'm also a stickler when it comes to the paint correctly matching. I have a 60th and I wanted to paint the front brake covers from silver to yellow. I went and just bought the most heavy duty paint I could find, and it actually looks great. But If I was to put it right next to my plastics, it would look a little off. But you can't tell since its on the wheels. Also something that stands out every time I look at it is my powermadd hand guards. The yellow is like neon yellow compared to the plastics more golden yellow. Thought about painting them with the spray I got which is closer to the plastics. But decided not to because even though the paint I have is a heavy duty enamel, I was afraid the guards would flex too much and make it peel off.
yeah I must have inherited my grandpa's auto body eye hahaha. I bugs me a ton hahaha

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:36 AM

Although it doesn't look the same on the site, it should be the Yamaha Competition Yellow...
http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Andon Jones likes this.

2016 700R. ProDesign, Yoshimura, PC5, Protaper w/Rox, CF1's w/GBC's
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:53 AM

Garage
Yeah mine is all over the place with the yellow. It doesnt help that my plastics are faded so no matter what i do i think there will be a contrast.
Andon Jones likes this.

06 700 se
+2 Alba A arms
+1 Houser ant-vibe stem
Fasst Flexx bars
Precision Pro stabilizer
long travel yfz shocks redone by Jogca
oem rear shock redone by Jogca
GBC XC-Masters
Big Gun Exo duals
FCI intake w/box
PC5 w/ignition
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I found it!! I was gonna head to a paint shop today but looking again at 2011PW's suggestion I got lost and stumbled upon it haha thanks my friend!!!

http://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

Ian- yeah my plastics are so jacked up (Original owner couldn't ride for crap!!) that I am probably loosing HP from the look of them, so with this paint I should make up some hahaha!
ian77 likes this.

06 Raptor 700r 50th ed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode