Aftermarket bars closest...
Today 12:06 AM
Last post by TechQuadShop
Today 12:34 PM
2 Replies, 79 Views
» Sponsors
Go Back   Yamaha Raptor Forum > Raptor 700 Categories > Raptor 700 Discussion

LinkBack LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
GARAGE CULTURE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorpack View Post
Located nearby in Davisburg, welcome and look forward to chasing you on the trails on our 250's.
No doubt the 250's are fast, but physically a little small for adults "Chase" I do not think is the right word. "Trail" is more like it.
Powercommander 5 with DL700 Timing Curves, FCI with Box, HD5050, +5 Hotrods, Ported Head +2 +1 by Freez, CP 11:1, +3 Throttle Body, DMC Force 4, Lonestar Swingarm, Houser MGC LT +2.25, Custom Axis LT Triple Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Front, Custom Axis Double Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Rear, Hipertech 3, Kenda Bearclaw, Fasst Flexx, Precision Pro Steering Damper. Coming Soon: Lonestar Axle.
Pacific Barbarian is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to hitting the trails and running with the pack... and meeting some new folks... I'll keep everyone posted on what I end up with... Then post a proper album and update my avatar with my Raptor as opposed to my Camaro at a track day...
Old 02-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
VIP

Late to this..been workig to much. but...
Welcome! Very happy to see you join the family.
Yeah you are choosing the right bike for sure. I don't think you mentioned what your level of exp is with quads but no worries. A raptor can cater to any need.
I think you are right on the mark for what your looking for (year,condition,mod level,etc) although your price range seems high. (for my area anyway) Where I live an 07-09 in nice shape stock or lightly modded would bring 3-4K.
Fun times ahead of you for sure!

2008 700R

7 MOD = Barker Duals~ProDesign w/billet & Foam~MSD Blaster~Head Ported Lucky Style~Hotcam Stage 3~CP Tech Piston 11.5:1~Cuervo +3 TB

Other Goodies = DriveLine Perf Clutch~Precision Stabilizer~15T F Sprocket~PRM Grab Bar~Blingstar Bumper~Full Skid Protection~Tusk Nerfs~Alba Heal Guards~Powermadd Hand Guards~RK Race Chain~Custom Dual Arm Shifter~TT Vapor.
First700R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime VIP

Welcome to the Forum
If you know someone with a quad and has a good sense of the workings of them take them along when you look at one,two sets of eyes are better then one set. There is 3 of us that ride together and one buddy isn't very mechanical and has gotten got sucked in to 2 bad deals (which means a lot of work for the other two), So he is band from buying without one of us going with him. He gets the big eye when he sees the shiney coin but doesn't turn it over to see the tarnish on the back, so to speak. Even when myself or my other buddy go for a quad we go togeather, the other can look at it differently cause their not buying it.

Have one person stand n the pegs and rock it side to side to see if the swing arm bearings or the axle hub bearings are loose or bad

Check for cracked plastic mounting tabs

look for oil stains, you can clean up a oil leak but there is always signs it was a leaker.

Make sure the engine is cool when you get there to look at it, If the valve seals are bad some people will start it up to burn off the oil and when you get there to start it it doesn't smoke.

Good luck and hold on cause you'll be buying part to up grade in no time
5mm stroker, Luck700r P&P, +2 Ferrea valves, Hd springs, HDD 5050 cam, 11:1 CP piston, head studs, +3 TB, Pro design foam intake, Spark plugwire mod, Mishimoto coolant lines, MSD, Barker duals, Hd clutch, HiPer CF1, Kenda Kutters, +3 outback swinger, Fox Floats R, Jogaca Rear shock rebuild, Houser MC +2.25, Blingstar Notorious Nerf bars, Blingstar E-Brake block off, Pro Taper Contour bars, Cutom seat cover, PRM grab bar, Everything Powder coated black by Powder House of Daytona
Fogledw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogledw View Post
Welcome to the Forum
If you know someone with a quad and has a good sense of the workings of them take them along when you look at one,two sets of eyes are better then one set. There is 3 of us that ride together and one buddy isn't very mechanical and has gotten got sucked in to 2 bad deals (which means a lot of work for the other two), So he is band from buying without one of us going with him. He gets the big eye when he sees the shiney coin but doesn't turn it over to see the tarnish on the back, so to speak. Even when myself or my other buddy go for a quad we go togeather, the other can look at it differently cause their not buying it.

Have one person stand n the pegs and rock it side to side to see if the swing arm bearings or the axle hub bearings are loose or bad

Check for cracked plastic mounting tabs

look for oil stains, you can clean up a oil leak but there is always signs it was a leaker.

Make sure the engine is cool when you get there to look at it, If the valve seals are bad some people will start it up to burn off the oil and when you get there to start it it doesn't smoke.

Good luck and hold on cause you'll be buying part to up grade in no time
This is very good advise!

2008 700R

7 MOD = Barker Duals~ProDesign w/billet & Foam~MSD Blaster~Head Ported Lucky Style~Hotcam Stage 3~CP Tech Piston 11.5:1~Cuervo +3 TB

Other Goodies = DriveLine Perf Clutch~Precision Stabilizer~15T F Sprocket~PRM Grab Bar~Blingstar Bumper~Full Skid Protection~Tusk Nerfs~Alba Heal Guards~Powermadd Hand Guards~RK Race Chain~Custom Dual Arm Shifter~TT Vapor.
First700R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

You wont like it! You should just pay for it then send it to me after a couple of rides and face splitting smiles.

Just a friendly warning and on a side note welcome to the site.

Watch out for a guy called Frenchie on here especially his sig!!! Hes a crazy mother tucker. LOL

2009 Raptor 700R SE - Mods: Runkind light covers and speed limiter blue wire cut

Can now provide most manuals for most makes and models and years. Send me an email at fufner75@gmail.com BE SPECIFIC: YEAR/MAKE/MODEL add Hiya Frenchie in your email so i know your from this forum. My manuals galore thread http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=95852
fast frenchie canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydnaRaptor View Post
Thanks for the replies...and the warm welcome... I hope to find an 07' 700 or newer maybe a 700r or a GYTR edition if possible. I'd like find one that is bone stock... but one that is "mildly" modified would be ok... I would like to keep the tab around 4-5k
@duaanne... Is the guy in Fenton PSI per chance?
I have been riding motorcycles and dirtbike most of my life and two years ago bought a raptor 700r and a raptor 250 for my daughter. I didn't know what to look for just wanted a sport quad did some research and decided if the raptor 700 is the best selling sport quad maybe all those buyers must be on to something. I bought a bone stock 700r and it might be the only thing I have ever owned that on first ride was actually scared to push it to the limit. Well two years later its still bone stock and might be that way for another two years. I have topped it out and reached 75mph done wheelies in 3rd and 4th and now I am starting to take it to intermediate level MX tracks. My point is if its your first quad or don't have alot of experience than I suggest a stock 700 and once you've had it for a bit do some mods but do your homework for what is best for you and your quad.
Wheels_up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

One last thing believe it or not I get alot of joy riding my daughters 250 raptor its a ton of fun and I can actually do better wheelies on her quad than mine.
Wheels_up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels_up! View Post
One last thing believe it or not I get alot of joy riding my daughters 250 raptor its a ton of fun and I can actually do better wheelies on her quad than mine.
CT racing took a 250 and did alot of work and upgrades and had that thing pulling lap times with the 450. Impressive little machine. I to wheelie the hell out of my sons 90. I think me and my friends wheelie it more then he has rode it...
5mm stroker, Luck700r P&P, +2 Ferrea valves, Hd springs, HDD 5050 cam, 11:1 CP piston, head studs, +3 TB, Pro design foam intake, Spark plugwire mod, Mishimoto coolant lines, MSD, Barker duals, Hd clutch, HiPer CF1, Kenda Kutters, +3 outback swinger, Fox Floats R, Jogaca Rear shock rebuild, Houser MC +2.25, Blingstar Notorious Nerf bars, Blingstar E-Brake block off, Pro Taper Contour bars, Cutom seat cover, PRM grab bar, Everything Powder coated black by Powder House of Daytona
Fogledw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

Thanks guys... Lots of great advice... I grew up riding... dirtbikes, three-wheelers, quads, jetskis... I even had a couple of sportsbikes... Admittingly so, the 700 will be the biggest quad I have owned to date... I work at a small auto repair shop and I am familiar with most things mechanical but by no means an expert. I will heed all the heads-up and inspect each canidate inch by inch... I'm confident that I'll pick a winner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement