Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 350 Basic Mod List

112K views 106 replies 57 participants last post by  07Serappy350 
#1 ·
Well there are a lot of posts about members wanting to know how to give their raptor 350 more bottom end or more top end. This thread should help with it, just post your suggestions, and I will add them to this first post. I will also be asking a mod to make this a sticky, so it should help stop some of the "what mod" threads and things like like that. Also it will save some members time.

Exhaust:

-Header-
The header pipe on the raptor 350s is good, and I personally, among many others would not change it unless you want to spend the extra money. If you do the following brands are good.

-FMF Power Bomb Header
-Pro Circuit Header

-Slip on/Silencer-
A lot of 350 owners ride with the HMF slip on. Its a highly recommend slip on with a lot of gains. Other well known brands are.

-HMF
-FMF
-TWO BROTHERS
-PRO CIRCUIT
-BIG GUN
-LRD

Air Filter:

The air filter goes great with a pipe upgrade. You will feel the power increase of a filter more with the add on of a exhaust. Depending on weather you want to go Foam Or Paper, is up to you. Two well known brands of High Flow filters are.

-Modquad System with Foam Filter
-Modquad System with K&N Filter

LID OR NO LID?

Well personally, I run with no air box lid. With the way the seat sits so close to the air box, it makes it for a very good surround barrier to keep mud and dirt out of the air box. If your not into completely removing your air box, there is something called the "Pro-Tec Moflow Airbox Lid."

**Do not take your air box lid off if you only have a after market drop in filter installed using the stock setup. Only take your air box lid off if you have a pro-flow kit which holds it better than stock. With Yamaha's design, the air box lid holds down the air filter. With removal of the lid the air filter will come loose and just sit in your air box, doing nothing.**

**By doing any of the above mods, you will be changing the amount of air that goes into your 350, thus requiring you to rejet your carburetor. When adding a pipe,filter and running with no lid most people use the following jets;

125 pilot jet.
155 main jet.
Clip in middle position (stock).

This do vary from place to place because of climate and other factors but the above specs are what you should be close to.**

Sprocket:

Well sprockets do a lot of different things depending on the sizes and weather you change the front or rear. The easiest way to get more bottom or top end, is to change the front sprocket. Changing only the front sprocket is easier and cheaper.

12 Tooth- This will give you more bottom end then top. You will loose a bit of top, but defiantly notice your bottom end. You will go through the gears a lot faster, and first gear is pretty much useless.

14 Tooth- This will give you more top end, but loose a bit of acceleration. The gears will last a bit longer, but be harder to wheelie. Once in the wheelie you will be able to stay in one gear longer.

These two types of sprockets are the most widely used. These are the only two I have experience with also.

Tires:

Upgrading the stock tires on the raptor 350, can be just as beneficial as upgrading the filter or pipe.
There are many good tires so its hard to list them all here, but two very good brands are;

-Holeshots
-Maxxis

Please if you have any questions, suggestions, or anything to add to this, feel free to pm me, thank you.

FILTHY J NASTY

See less See more
#3 ·
Also a thing to add,

Do not take your air box lid off if you only have a aftermarket drop in filter installed using the stock setup. Only take your airbox lid off if you have a pro-flow kit which holds it better than stock. With Yamahas design, the airbox lid holds down the air filter. With removal of the lid the air filter will come loose and just sit in your airbox, doing nothing. Had it happen to me before and figured id let everyone know. Jester, might want to add this to let people know.

#4 ·
Thank you living and kyle. I have updated my post to include your information. If anyone else has anything else to add please post it up.

Edit: Anyone got any other basic mods I should add to the list? How bout good tire brands to add to the list?

I was going to add the Holeshot Hds and the Maxxis Razers 1 and 2

#7 ·
Remember the 25 pilot and 155 main jet only applies to OEM jets or jets found in a GYT-R jet kit. Dyno jets have a different numbering system and their numbers will be different.

Also you cannot go wrong with any of the GYT-R aftermarket stuff for the Raptor. Especially the intake and slip on.

#8 ·
Tought id put this in here instead of making new thread...

If its a dumb question dont mind me tought id ask before i wasted my time trying to install..

Can you use a 14th sprocket from a YFZ450 on the 350's... My friend gave me his cause he moved his YFZ to a 13 tooth...

I mean is it the same fitting and all or does it have to be specific for 350...

thx

#11 ·
you should add some more expensive but not too expensive mods such as a-arms, possibly suspension, handlebars, etc.

my 2 cents

#13 ·
Im thinking something like DG nerfs, some elka shocks, maybe pro taper handle bars, just some general mods that aren't too extravagant but def. a possible add on for the normal rider.

#16 ·
I got mine form ebay for $217

#17 ·
Ebay for 229 shipped to the house with any color upgrade. :thumbsup:

#19 ·
How do euro's compare to U.S. dollars. It should work out to be right around 220-230.

#20 ·
DirtDog350 said:
How do euro's compare to U.S. dollars. It should work out to be right around 220-230.
Yeah that should be about right because euros are worth slightly more than U.S. dollars. God damn inflation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.