Raptor Forum banner

NW Raptor Rally 2014 May 15th 16th and 17th

16K views 103 replies 21 participants last post by  ORdunner 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the NW Raptor Rally information page

Please remember to support SaveTheRidersDunes.com and help save are dunes.

Volunteers meeting Thursday at group site D 7PM. If you can make it I would like to make sure we have the people we need for each event. This worked out great last year so if you have volunteered please make it. Thank You as well as this event can only take place with your help....

Show and Shine Friday from 6PM to 7PM at Group site D. Several shops will help explain and answer any questions about some of the custom builds and talk about there products. This is a new time for the show and shine as we hope it gives more time on Saturdays morning poker run and fun out on the sand.

Poker run Saturday at 10AM to around 11:30AM. Waver must be signed as all rides are at your own risk! More information to be posted at group site D. This is a very fun ride not a race as it is the best hand to win not the fastest hand. So stay safe
Top 3 hands will win a prize. This turned out to be a very fun time for all that did it.

Group photo at 5:30PM Saturday, Dinner is at 6:00PM Saturday the 18th after the Group photo. The photo will be at the very north end of the dune’s Just look for the Blue Yamaha Flag which you must stop at to get your raffle ticket, also there will be information post at group site D. The photo will have people guiding you where to park after you get your raffle ticket.

All rides are at your own risk and I claim No responsibility for your safety waver must be signed and will be in group site D. Everyone should read all Federal, State, County, and city laws on and off the dunes as they will apply. This includes a REQUIRED OREGON SAFETY CARD that can take over 30 days to receive after completing the test. Please see more information at http://www.rideatvoregon.org/

List of rally rides
Expeloer the dunes ride Thursday 1PM at group site D. This ride will cover a large area of the inner and outer parts of the dunes and will have some big hills so not for the faint of heart. Medium Blue diamond run

Family Fun Ride at 6 PM Thursday. This is the ride for the wife and kids. Will run along the flats to the trails next to the beach and back to camp. Easy fun ride Green diamond run.

Explore the dunes ride: 11 AM Friday. This ride will go to all 4 corners of the riding area and take in the SE lake, the NE over look of the large lake, pass buy the hill and Supper Man and finish up around Raptor Hill (B Hill). Will be fun but not for the novice. Blue diamond Run

Fun Advanced Ride Friday at 4 PM: 4 finger ride not for the unsure with tree shots at the end. Advanced riders. Black Diamond run

There will be a raffle at the dinner you must show up for the photo to get a free raffle ticket and be at the dinner to win. We had some outstanding prizes last year donated by many vendors and I hope 2014 will be just as good.

NW Raptor Rally or anyone or people working to help out with the NW Raptor Rally cannot be held responsible for your safety. All Local, State, and Federal laws apply. Any funds gained from donations or raffle tickets for grand prize go back into prizes and the food and equipment to support the Rally.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Welcome to the NW Raptor Rally information page

Please remember to support SaveTheRidersDunes.com and help save are dunes.

Volunteers meeting Thursday at group site D 7PM. If you can make it I would like to make sure we have the people we need for each event. This worked out great last year so if you have volunteered please make it. Thank You as well as this event can only take place with your help....

Show and Shine Friday from 6PM to 7PM at Group site D. Several shops will help explain and answer any questions about some of the custom builds and talk about there products. This is a new time for the show and shine as we hope it gives more time on Saturdays morning poker run and fun out on the sand.

Poker run Saturday at 10AM to around 11:30AM. Waver must be signed as all rides are at your own risk! More information to be posted at group site D. This is a very fun ride not a race as it is the best hand to win not the fastest hand. So stay safe
Top 3 hands will win a prize. This turned out to be a very fun time for all that did it.

Group photo at 5:30PM Saturday, Dinner is at 6:00PM Saturday the 18th after the Group photo. The photo will be at the very north end of the dune’s Just look for the Blue Yamaha Flag which you must stop at to get your raffle ticket, also there will be information post at group site D. The photo will have people guiding you where to park after you get your raffle ticket.

All rides are at your own risk and I claim No responsibility for your safety waver must be signed and will be in group site D. Everyone should read all Federal, State, County, and city laws on and off the dunes as they will apply. This includes a REQUIRED OREGON SAFETY CARD that can take over 30 days to receive after completing the test. Please see more information at http://www.rideatvoregon.org/

List of rally rides
Expeloer the dunes ride Thursday 1PM at group site D. This ride will cover a large area of the inner and outer parts of the dunes and will have some big hills so not for the faint of heart. Medium Blue diamond run

Family Fun Ride at 6 PM Thursday. This is the ride for the wife and kids. Will run along the flats to the trails next to the beach and back to camp. Easy fun ride Green diamond run.

Explore the dunes ride: 11 AM Friday. This ride will go to all 4 corners of the riding area and take in the SE lake, the NE over look of the large lake, pass buy the hill and Supper Man and finish up around Raptor Hill (B Hill). Will be fun but not for the novice. Blue diamond Run

Fun Advanced Ride Friday at 4 PM: 4 finger ride not for the unsure with tree shots at the end. Advanced riders. Black Diamond run

There will be a raffle at the dinner you must show up for the photo to get a free raffle ticket and be at the dinner to win. We had some outstanding prizes last year donated by many vendors and I hope 2014 will be just as good.

NW Raptor Rally or anyone or people working to help out with the NW Raptor Rally cannot be held responsible for your safety. All Local, State, and Federal laws apply. Any funds gained from donations or raffle tickets for grand prize go back into prizes and the food and equipment to support the Rally.

Welcome to the NW Raptor Rally Camping Reservations.
Step 1: Look at the main post on Face Book to see what sites are still open. I will update this daily. I will also update the same information on thMarci and Davearci and Dave Yamaha Raptor Forum site.
Step 2: Send me an E-Mail requesting the site/ sites you want to reserve (up to 3 per person) along with a backup site if the one you want is full. DO NOT POST this on Face Book you must send this request

TO: reg@nwraptorrally.com camping sites will be held in order received until full.

Step 3: I will send you a registration form confirming your reserved site/sites along with a registration form that has all the payment information.
Step 4: Fill out the registration form and send it with your payment. I will note paid by your posted name confirming payment received.
Step 5: Show up the NW Raptor Rally and have a great time

Fees and rates for camping. you must pay for all 3 nights Not refundable will try to work with military but because sites are prepaid and reserved it is hard to get the money back from the county.
The Rate is $23 a night + the 10 reservation fee. So the total for single site is $79 for all 3 nights. Sites are booked for 3 nights and the $79 needs to be posted paid 30 days after reserving your site #. If payment is not posted your site will go to the next person in line. This year I will have a registration form for you to send in with the camping fee which will confirm your site number, number of people in party, number of people going to the dinner on Saturday, and a waver stating that the NW Raptor Rally clams no responsibility for your safety while at the event. Vendors get first pick on camping spots, I will start taking reservations for non vendors September 25th and if the site is open I will confirm it by posting it to the camping list and also put your site number on the registration form which I will e-mail to you.

Group sites A B and D will be $200 split by # in site or people sharing the group site.
Group Sites C and E will be $240 split with # in site or people sharing the group site.

UPDATED APRIL 22nd 2014 1AM

I will note paid by your name on the list for tracking.

List for group site A: FDL Racing site

List for group site B: English Racing (PAID)

List for group site C: Southern Oregon Sand Shredders "SOSS" Don Bates (PAID)

List for group site E: Daniel Loveridge Cuervo Racing (PAID)

List for group site D: 1. Chris Tribe ORdunner (PAID)
And GotBoost
Single sites
2. (80 feet) Marci and Dave (PAID)
3. (80 feet) Chad @ light it up offroad donating a 48" light bar. Thank You (PAID)
4. (85 feet) Daniel reed (PAID)
5. (85 feet) Susan Womack (PAID)
6. (80 feet) lightitupoffroadled (PAID)
7. (85 feet) Shaun Kelson (PAID)
8. (80 feet) KingofBling Racing (PAID)
9. (70 feet) Roosterbuilt (PAID)
10 .(70 feet) Tony Fry (PAID)
11. (120 feet) Monster Quad Paul (PAID)
12. (85 feet) KingofBling Robert and Tami (PAID)
13. (85 feet) KingofBling Racing (PAID)
14. (85 feet) Devious Power sports (PAID)
15. (70 feet) Devious power sports (PAID)
16. (100 feet) Direct Drive (PAID)
17. (80 feet) Dave Gates (Paid)
18. (75 feet) Russel Danner (PAID)
19. (75 feet) Reelrodder Monty L(PAID)Karz of Longview $200 ty
20. (75 feet) John Jr (PAID)
21. (85 feet) Woodland Saw and Cycle Will be donating $100 cash + some Swetshirts Thank You (PAID)
22. (80 feet) Woodland Saw and Cycle (PAID)
23. (45 feet) Dustin Caldwell (PAID)
24. (48 feet) Justin foord (PAID)
25. (38 feet) Jonesi700 Jeff and Josh (PAID)
26. (42 feet) Kelly Lay (PAID)
27. (45 feet) Tom Bartall
28. (55 feet) Tribe Family (PAID)
29. (60 feet) steve military
30. (60 feet) Kris Moffitt (PAID)
31. (65 feet) Black Label Powersports (PAID)
32. (50 feet) Black Label Powersports (PAID)
33. (50 feet) Eric Shoopman (PAID)
34. (50 feet) Eric Shoopman (PAID)
35. (50 feet) Eric Shoopman (PAID)
36. (55 feet) Daniel reed (PAID)
37. (50 feet) Daniel reed (PAID)
38. (50 feet) Jim Higday (PAID)
39. (60 feet) Jim Higday (PAID)
40. (60 feet) Brian Steller (PAID)
41. (60 feet) ATV Parts Central donating Raptor 700 bearing kits and lots of other things. Thank You (PAID)
42. (33 feet) Larry smith (PAID)
43. (60 feet) Oregon Coast Power Sports (PAID)
44. (50 feet) Oregon Coast Power Sports (PAID)
45. (45 feet) Baron Adams

Stan Digbyd buy list
Lisa A

NOTE COUNTY POSTED PRICES ARE HIGHER THAN ON POSTED LINKS BELOW.

Map of camp ground
http://www.co.douglas.or.us/parks/pdfs/HMBHighlightedMap.pdf

Link to Half Moon Campground:http://www.co.douglas.or.us/parks/pdfs/HMBGrpRules.pdf

#3 · (Edited)
NW Raptor Rally 2014 list of Donations to be given out by all the great vendors that support this Rally.

Grand Prize sponsored and Donated by Cuervo-Racing as Follows:
Cuervo Racing Pluse 2 head package for raptor 700. This will include the works.. 5050 Camshaft, Rocker arm work, Porting for 54mm TB, Valves, Hd spring kit, Seals, Tappet screws, Pivot Shafts and Surfaced along with Customized Valve and Cam covers.
Retail price of the finished product is roughly $1750. This will be the grand prize for Raptor Rally 2014 and any funds raised from this grand prize will go back into the NW Raptor Rally prizes, food, and other items needed to support NW Raptor rally 2015. So a huge thank you to Cuervo-Racing https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuervo-Racing/302013583207675
$400 from NW Raptor Rally donated funds from 2013 went to Cuervo Racing to help offset parts bought for this item.

Sothern Oregon Sand Shredders, Slide Creek Cattle Company an Don and vickie Bates. $100 for Show and Shine and $100 for Rally
Thank You for all your support.

ATV Parts Central: 1 Raptor 700 complete Engine Bearing kite worth $259.95
1 Raptor 700 Lockout Clutch Brake Lever Worth 119.95
2 $20 gift certificates to ATVPARTSCENTRAL.COM
8 or so Shirts
Thank you https://www.facebook.com/groups/183868578422524/

Working with ATV Parts Central Barker Exhaust will be donating a complete exhaust system this year. Thank You so much for your support.

Direct Drive The coveted engraved NW Raptor Rally plates and show and shine trophies

Rooster Built FCI Complete Air Intake With Box. It looks great and some one will be happy to win this.

OCP OREGON COAST POWERSPORTS: 1 MSD Blaster Ignition
Other items not yet determined
Thank you https://www.facebook.com/oregoncoastpowersports

Devious PowerSports: 2 $100 Gift Certificate for Devious PowerSports
Thank You https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devious-PowerSports/638667892814688

Black Label Powersports: T-Shirts, Chain and Sprocket for Raptor 700, Flags, and other items
Thank You https://www.facebook.com/BLPowersports?ref=br_tf

Karz of Longview Donated $200 to support the NW Raptor Rally Thank You Monty (REELRODDER)

King Of Bling Racing $200 +? Thank You for all your support Robert and Tamera

Monster Quad, one set of Monster Pipes, Cam cover, and 4 flag holders. Thank You Paul this is a outstanding donation. Your support over the years with your outstanding donations has been a big part of the NW Raptor Rallly. Thank You

Marvin Shaw Shocks Gift certificate and ? Thank You so much for your support.

509 Inc Will be donating $500 in gear thank you 509 outstanding

Woodland Saw and Cycle Will be donating $100 cash + some Swetshirts

Light It Up Offroad

English Racing Will do 2 dynos 10 t shirts and $100 towards food and stuff. Thank You English Racing

Throttle Jockey Racing is donating one of there Swing arms this year, very nice.

1 Stop Sports Shop will be donating 2 pairs of 100% goggles and 2 $50 gift Certificates. very cool I think everyone can use nice Goggles.

UPP Racing will be donating 8 Raptor 700 case savers and 2 660 case savers along with 2 front chain slides for the 700. A must have to save your case Thank you Upp.

Got Throttle is going to donate some gift certificates and some other items. Very cool. Thank You John http://gotthrottlenow.com/

NW Raptor Rally will be donating 2 GroPro cameras using funds from donations made last year and maby more along with lots of kids prizes. We will see how much funds are left for other prizes after buying food for the dinner.

More to be added soon.

So this is the donations list and growing, Please Support the vendors that support you.

We had great donations for 2013 I will post 2014 when we start to get them. For now Thank you to everyone that did donate for the 2013 raptor rally.
Vendor donations from 2013
2013 Donations

Grand PRIZE for 2013 Cuervo Racing Daniel and Racers Edge AZ John Just Outstanding.

Just added is a tech piston that Steve from TQS will be donating as part of the grand prize. Thank you TQS

I wanted to add that ModQuad also added a +4 seing arm to the grand prize along with lots of other extras for everyone else. So thank you ModQuad for your support.

Ok the grand prize for NW Raptor Rally 2013 will be a combined shop donation (still working on all the details) Cuervo Racing, Racers Edge AZ, and funds from 2012 raffle will be doing a complete top end kit. CNC Ported head, +2 valves, springs, rockers, cam, +3 throttle body, 105.5 cylinder, 11 to 1 tech piston, clutch upgrade kit and install. Some of this may change a bit but most of this work and items have been worked out. So a very big Thank You to Daniel and John from Cuervo Racing and Racers Edge AZ. The D7 Turbo kit that was donate last year also gets a very big thank you as the funds from that are helping make this possible. All the parts needed to complete the install of this kit will be on hand at the rally and on display. We will be asking for the winner to give up their old head and cylinder as a core or be willing to pay a core fee so parts can be bought for the next year. My goal is to have something nice like this every year with the funds from the raffle go back into supporting the grand prize and food for the NW Raptor Rally. So let’s hear your thoughts on this.

D7 Racing will be donating something very nice this year

Southern Oregon Sand Shredders "SOSS" from Group Site "C" down for a $100.00 sponsorship toward prize money for the SHOW & SHINE. The Bates, Powelson, Ladd, Dawson, Imus, Kenyen families

Digitalhearing $100 for kids prizes and $100 for other events. Thank You for your support

OCP Formerly Craz E Dealz will be donating a Dyno tune.

MonsterQuad: One very nice Raptor 700 Pipes. Paul just outstanding Thank You
http://www.monsterquads.com/

Mod Quad: Lots of fun things to be posted later. Thank You

Direct Drive will be donating the prized NW Raptor Rally Engraved Plates again this year. This prize takes lots of time to make and money and is so cool for Direct Drive to do this for the NW Raptor Rally over the years so when you need custom parts think of them, thay will also be donating a raptor 700 cover lockout set up for the grand prize

Lucas English will donate 5 T shirts and 5 sweatshirts, $100cash for prizes and a few dyno tunes. Thank You Lucas.

Marvin Shaw Shocks will donating a gift certificate of $300 that can be used for a rear sbock or towards front shocks. Outstanding thank you.

RuKind Covers will donate a few sets of RukindCovers Eyes! they look very cool.

Bedrock's Restaurants Bedrocks will donate some gift certificates, just what you need after a days of riding. Thank You Bedrock

King Of Bling Racing is donationg $100 supporting this great event along with a cash prize and posible trail tech bar clamp.

Thank you Robert and Tamera Poulson

RaptorHQ is donating 1. 5 RaptorHQ t-shirts 2. Award and $50 for Show & Shine winner 3. RaptorHQ vinyl banner
Very cool and thank you for the support.

Sand2Kinc Photography - The extreme perspective www.sand2kinc.com Thank you for the $70 donation to be used for the Raptor Rally. Thank You

Oregon Coast power sports is donating $100 + some shirts and things. Way to go. Thank You

Got Throttle is going to donate 2 fifty dollar gift certificates this is very cool. Thank You.http://gotthrottlenow.com/

#8 ·
I'm ready, not. But will be by then!!

#9 ·
Chris, Put me down for # 22 again. Thanks.

#11 · (Edited)
Woohoo! Been waiting for this. Please put us down for site 14 again. I will be happy to volunteer for the Friday night oyster grilling thingy again too. It was fun.

We can't wait!

Oops! Saw non-vendors have to wait til 9/25. We need a spot that will fit the beastie trailer and truck, doesn't have to be 14 :)

#13 ·
Woohoo! Been waiting for this. I will be happy to volunteer for the Friday night oyster grilling thingy again too. It was fun.

We can't wait!
And she did a fine job!

#12 ·
So one more time reservation will be open September 25th at 12:01 am i will post a e-mail address at that time. When I receive an e-mail for your requested site I will send back a confirmation of your reservation site number along with a registration from. Only vendors donating can reserve at this time. Thank you.

#14 ·
Cant wait to go and be a part of this. I'm heading out for another deployment in 2 weeks but I'll be back in time for the Rally!!!!!!!

#15 ·
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!! Would be happy to buy you a beer or more at the Rally. Just look me up.

#16 ·
I just wanted to post this reminder that on September 25th 2013 at 12:01AM Wednesday early morning not Wednesday night I will post an Email address where to send your request for Camp sites. There is a 3 site limit. So that is to say you are not allowed to reserve a bunch of sites for your friends! If they want a site they can put in for it. By using E-Mail I know who is requesting sites, I also know who is getting the registration forms.
This is how it will work, you look at the updated list at the top of the page (it is posted in the NW Raptor Rally post that you may need to expand to see all the information). Pick your site that you want if still open and pick a 2nd or 3rd back up site and note them in that order. Send this information to me at the E-Mail address I will post on the 25th at 12:01AM. I will then go by the order received and send a return e-mail with a registration form that will confirm your site. This form will need to be sent in with your payment. This gives me and you a hard copy of confirmation and name to go with the site/sites along with other information about number of people in each site and who will be at the Saturday dinner.
I wish I had unlimited sites to hold but that is not the case so I hope everyone finds this fair.
Thank You
Chris Tribe
NW Raptor Rally 2014 Campsite Registration

#17 ·
Welcome to the NW Raptor Rally Camping Reservations.
Step 1: Look at the main post on Face Book to see what sites are still open. I will update this daily. I will also update the same information on the Yamaha Raptor Forum site.
Step 2: Send me an E-Mail requesting the site/ sites you want to reserve (up to 3 per person) along with a backup site if the one you want is full. DO NOT POST this on Face Book you must send this request
TO: reg@nwraptorrally.com camping sites will be held in order received until full.
Step 3: I will send you a registration form confirming your reserved site/sites along with a registration form that has all the payment information.
Step 4: Fill out the registration form and send it with your payment. I will note paid by your posted name confirming payment received.
Step 5: Show up the NW Raptor Rally and have a great time

#18 ·
put JIm Higday down for 38 and 39 please

#19 ·
PM sent.

#20 ·
Just a note on the camping, Please make your payment to Christopher Tribe The bank will not cash a check made out to NW Raptor Rally. Also on the registration forms it shows the date as SEP 15, 16, and 17 Please change SEP to MAY and yes I had a brain fart. If there are any questions about the camping please let me know or if you did not get a registration form with your camping confirmation let me know at reg@nwraptorrally.com Thank You

Currently all campsites in Halfmoon are taken, There is space at discovery point and windy cove, also sand camping will be open again this year.

#21 ·
So Just updated the camping list and things are moving along, several peple have sent back there registration form with there payment so thank you. If you have reserved a site but not recived a registration form please let me know. Anyway getting some great donations lined up as well so 2014 looks to be another great year.

#24 ·
2014 donations so far. Thank You

NW Raptor Rally 2014 list of Donations to be given out by all the great vendors that support this Rally.
Grand Prize sponsored and Donated by Cuervo-Racing as Follows:
Cuervo Racing Pluse 2 head package for raptor 700. This will include the works.. 5050 Camshaft, Rocker arm work, Porting for 54mm TB, Valves, Hd spring kit, Seals, Tappet screws, Pivot Shafts and Surfaced along with Customized Valve and Cam covers.
Retail price of the finished product is roughly $1750. This will be the grand prize for Raptor Rally 2014 and any funds raised from this grand prize will go back into the NW Raptor Rally prizes, food, and other items needed to support NW Raptor rally 2015. So a huge thank you to Cuervo-Racing https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cuervo-Racing/302013583207675
$400 from NW Raptor Rally donated funds from 2013 went to Cuervo Racing to help offset parts bought for this item.
ATV Parts Central: 1 Raptor 700 complete Engine Bearing kite worth $259.95
1 Raptor 700 Lockout Clutch Brake Lever Worth 119.95
2 $20 gift certificates to ATVPARTSCENTRAL.COM
8 or so Shirts
Thank you https://www.facebook.com/groups/183868578422524/

OCP OREGON COAST POWERSPORTS: 1 MSD Blaster Ignition
Other items not yet determined
Thank you https://www.facebook.com/oregoncoastpowersports

Devious PowerSports: 2 $100 Gift Certificate for Devious PowerSports
Thank You https://www.facebook.com/pages/Devious-PowerSports/638667892814688

Black Label Powersports: T-Shirts, Chain and Sprocket for Raptor 700, Flags, and other items
Thank You https://www.facebook.com/BLPowersports?ref=br_tf

So this is the donations list and growing, Please Support the vendors that support you.

#27 ·
No major class or rule changes expected for next year`s Show & Shine...Just a reminder for everyone that next year we will hold the Show & Shine event on Friday evening. we are doing this to free up more of the day on Saturday for the Poker Run and for riding fun.

I will post all the rules and classes as we get closer to next year`s Rally....Plan on entering....It`s always fun !

~ Sandaddy 8)

#34 ·
So, Did the FEDS stop the " Testing " on the hill last year. Cause after the advanced ride was over, A few of us went to the TEST hill and only a few quads were there and they were leaving as we got there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.