Raptor Forum banner

pro bounce nerfs

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  Rap_Rider 
#1 ·
I have been looking at a set of these. Just wondering if they are worth the 400 dollars I would have to shell out for em. Do they really make that much of a difference and do they hold up well. I have already googled this and everybody just says yeah there good or a friend has them no real answers that I could find or justify the price.

#2 ·
If they made them for the 660 I'd have a set. They aren't that much more expensive than any other name brand nerf bar with heel guards. I'd go for it if I was you.

#3 ·
have u rode with them before does it really save ur knees ? and yeah I just looked at wat I paid for the ones now and it was 350

#4 ·
My buddy has a set on his 700 and it makes a difference in Creek beds when you're standing. Of course it doesn't really do anything when you're sitting.

#6 ·
ok thanks I always ride ruff terrain and stand up most the time

#7 ·
they are very nice, and fit good. Hit me up and I can get you set-up.

#8 ·
Wats ur price rap I found a new set on ebay for 409

#9 · (Edited)
let me guess ATV Galaxy... I (and others) are working on getting them to follow the rules of selling products. They are a big problem for us, just not for buyers. Just hoping more people hear about all the issues with them and start looking for better customer service, not just the cheapest price.

#12 ·
let me guess ATV Galaxy... I (and others) are working on getting them to follow the rules of selling products. They are a big problem for us, just not for buyers. Just hoping more people here about all the issues with them and start looking for better customer service, not just the cheapest price.
I don't mean to thread jack but what do they do wrong? I had to talk to a guy there when my axle wasn't going to ship for weeks (Lone star's problem) and he refunded my money quickly. Never had an issue with them.

#10 ·
I'm not sure if it was them or not but I did buy my fox floats from them and had to send them in and didn't have any problems but the rebound knob broke off the other day so I have to send them bak in and they are still under warranty so we will see how well that goes

#16 ·
If you have had great CS with a seller then that is great. If you are put off with a vendor who mentions ill about CS from a seller who IS NOT a vendor on the same forum, that's your prerogative as well. But really, unless this will help the OP make an informed decision there is no use for it other than to stir a pot.

There are plenty here who appreciate this type of input from the rider prespective.

#13 ·
I've bought from them as well with no issues.

#14 · (Edited)
People come to us to buy stuff so we hear experiences people have had with others. I also hear from our suppliers/ sales people on their experiences. all I am doing is stating the information that I have and people can make a decision on their own as to what they feel is best for them. As a member on this forum, even though I am a vendor, I feel it's fair to share the information I have with others good and bad just like other members. I have been here and come here as a Raptor rider, not just as a vendor trying to sell stuff to people.

i also think it's fair that people understand the business practices of others, and why pricing may vary on different items.

I have more information but I think it's best for PMs then talking about it more here.

#17 ·
Gtp shouldn't be making jabs at a company that isnt around to defend itself. What ever problem he has or they have with each other should be kept between themselves. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

#18 · (Edited)
I don't have an issue personally and I think people are taking my comments the wrong way, but they can take them how they wish. I stick by my statement of, I am a member here as well as a Vendor and just giving the information that I have received from other riders, and industry people. I'm not making things up or just saying "they suck".

This is in a thread where the OP was talking about products and pricing and was answering his question with my experience.

My intent was to give information, that is all. If this information offends people, I am sorry, that is not my intention. I forget there is no separation between me as a vendor, and me as a user and raptor rider on this forum. It was a mistake to share the information I had in the way that I did.

#19 ·
Whoa whoa whoa :simmadown: I didn't mean to open a can of worms here. Just wanted to know why ATV Galaxy is not a favored seller. If you like them, then like them. If you don't then don't. Lets just leave it at that.

#21 ·
Well, ebay has a scoring system where you can go read the positives and the negatives of what people say. The reason is for all to see so you can make an educated decision of whether you want to use that seller or not. Then if something bad happens, you cannot say you were not warned.

I have used more than one Vendor here on Raptor Forum and my best experiences has been with GTP Offroad and Cuervo Racing. I feel most comfortable using them two guys for they have only given me the best customer service. Being an international customer, it is important to me my stuff arrives very well packed and in one piece, which has always been the case with them. Both of them are great guys that always ensure you get exactly what you pay for and excellent customer service on top of that. If you have imported as many parts as I have from these two guys with repeated great experiences you will know why I feel this way.

At the end of the day it is a choice who you want to use. No harm in making an educated choice. Vendors can come one here and help us make an educated choice, no harm done.

So far things have been kept fairly clean between our Forum Vendors, competition is fierce make no mistake, but things are good the way it is. We are fortunate to have all our Forum Vendors who we can trust to give us the best information, the best prices and the best customer service. We all have our favourites and thats cool.

My opinion, if there is a part or product on ebay, and I can get it from a forum vendor instead, I rather get it from the forum vendor. There is a reason for that. Here we are a community, many of us have made many friends on here over many years and we look after one another. Some members here are more than just buddies, they also make a living off this thing that some of us only have as an interest or a hobby. We should respect that, its no joke. Maybe I am not one to speak, I have made probably more mistakes than others by not acting appropriately, but then again I have also learned from my mistakes. So lets not fight with our good people we have here on this great forum and just continue in a civilised manner that Raptor Forum is known for.

#25 ·
generally if you have MX suspension, that is typically +2" each side you would go with MX, if your stock, or need to be narrower you would go with XC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.