Raptor Forum banner

+3 Throttle body?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  hybridpower 
#1 ·
Can anyone share their experiences with adding a bored throttle body?

My current build is a 11.5:1 piston, 105.5 millimeter, +5 stroker crank, stock valve ported head, hc2.

Would having a throttle body make a difference?

I just got the build together, and have not dyno tuned it yet, if I'm going to add one, now's the time.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

#2 ·
If you are looking for the most out of the top end RPM's, go for it. Otherwise it's easy HP left on the table...

It's cheap ponies

#3 ·
That head is really holding you back. You have a solid bottom end but Defiantly go for the +3 but a better cam and a mild port and polish and having it ported to the TB makes all the difference.

#4 ·
I agree with this, cam and porting need attention. I have 11.1, +5 stroke, Cuervo +1 head, HDD5050, and +2TB, that equals 66HP. I have a strong power band thru the RPM range.

I bought the TB used, if I was to order new, I'd get the +3. But, as said, you still need a better cam and head.

#6 ·
I would use factory 14/48. If you need more bottom end for steep hills, or technical stuff, try 13/48.

#7 ·
As said above, you CAN NOT skimp on the head. You have this massive motor and it NEEDS a massive amount of air. With the stock tb and stock head your suffocating that thing. With that size cubic inch I'd go with the biggest valves and port job you can. It won't be cheap but that is your limiting factor right now.

#8 ·
For gearing I just added a 15T up front and running 22's in the back on dirt and 20's on sand. 2nd and 3rd are my go to gears.

#9 ·
I agree, 15T and 20in tires for sand, but with 22in dirt tires I think would reduce technical and steep hill climbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.