2015 and 2016 speed limiter? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2015 and 2016 speed limiter?

Anyone found out how to bypass the 5th gear limiter on the new models yet?

Also does it just retard timing as soon as you put it in 5th or does your tranny have to reach a certain rpm? I've heard both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Front-Maxxis RazrII/ Rear-BKT 207, 15T GYTR Front Sprocket, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, Pro Armor Shock Covers, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:02 PM

I'm not sure if it's the same on the 15+ but it should be. The normal rev limiter is 9,000 but once in 5th gear it changes to around 6,500. To undo it, unplug the wire from the clutch perch. Some people just disconnect it and it's ok, others have issues. To be absolutely sure you won't have issues, cut the wire (there's 2 small wires inside) strip them back a little, twist them together, maybe drop a little solder on, and electrical tape and/or shrink tube it. Easy job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptordude View Post
I'm not sure if it's the same on the 15+ but it should be. The normal rev limiter is 9,000 but once in 5th gear it changes to around 6,500. To undo it, unplug the wire from the clutch perch. Some people just disconnect it and it's ok, others have issues. To be absolutely sure you won't have issues, cut the wire (there's 2 small wires inside) strip them back a little, twist them together, maybe drop a little solder on, and electrical tape and/or shrink tube it. Easy job!

Cuervo said that doesn't work on the 15 and 16s

2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Front-Maxxis RazrII/ Rear-BKT 207, 15T GYTR Front Sprocket, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, Pro Armor Shock Covers, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 05:08 PM

Garage
I think ima give it a try.
xMOWERYx likes this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny700r View Post
Let me know how it goes.

2016 Raptor 700r SE
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 02:28 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote:
DON'T cut or solder any wires. Just remove the switch from the clutch perch, wires attached and zip tie out of the way.

Use this for 2014 and older models to. NEVER, EVER cut the blue wire.
morphrider likes this.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 66HP @ OCP. CUERVO +1 HEAD, HDD 5050, 11:1 CP, +5 HR, PC5, DMC FORCE 4, +2 TB, FCI, LONE STAR XC +1, HD TIE RODS, CCP, WORKS, JOKERS +1 STEM, RDZ CHAIN TENSIONER, ASV, +2 1/2 FACTORY SWINGARM, +4 ALBA AXLE, +2 REAR HUBS, DR.D, ODI, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. GYTR: BRAKE LEVER, SHIFT LEVER, NERF BARS, HEAL GUARDS. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, OIL DIPSTICK, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS, FLUIDYNE RADIATOR, GRIPPER SEAT, 3 OHM COIL, PLUG WIRE MOD. 1.6 CAP
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 07:55 AM

I think the reason I twisted them together is so it starts out of neutral. I'm told if you just remove it it only starts in neutral. With it soldered, it will start in any gear. BUT it will start with the clutch out in a gear so be careful

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
DON'T cut or solder any wires. Just remove the switch from the clutch perch, wires attached and zip tie out of the way.

Use this for 2014 and older models to. NEVER, EVER cut the blue wire.
Not to hijack the thread. And I've read through the blue wire mod thread a while back. I cut the blue wire to my stock 2007 raptor with no issues. (It does run warm so I'm going to change my thermostat, but that's gotta be completely unrelated).

2007 Raptor 700 GYTR
DMC Force 4 duals, PC5, Pro design intake, HC2,
+3 TB, pro taper bars, jogaca rear shock
Vapor, 6,000k HIDs

2007 Raptor 700 SE
Bought new
6,000k HIDs, pro armor Nerf bars, 2 inch riser

2001 400ex
Bunch of stuff
Still starts on first try
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 04:09 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001400ex View Post
Not to hijack the thread. And I've read through the blue wire mod thread a while back. I cut the blue wire to my stock 2007 raptor with no issues. (It does run warm so I'm going to change my thermostat, but that's gotta be completely unrelated).
The issue with the blue wire mod is it ruins your harness unnecessarily.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 66HP @ OCP. CUERVO +1 HEAD, HDD 5050, 11:1 CP, +5 HR, PC5, DMC FORCE 4, +2 TB, FCI, LONE STAR XC +1, HD TIE RODS, CCP, WORKS, JOKERS +1 STEM, RDZ CHAIN TENSIONER, ASV, +2 1/2 FACTORY SWINGARM, +4 ALBA AXLE, +2 REAR HUBS, DR.D, ODI, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. GYTR: BRAKE LEVER, SHIFT LEVER, NERF BARS, HEAL GUARDS. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, OIL DIPSTICK, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS, FLUIDYNE RADIATOR, GRIPPER SEAT, 3 OHM COIL, PLUG WIRE MOD. 1.6 CAP
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Did the Clutch perch plug mod take the limiter off?

I've been surfing the web forever and can't find an answer

2016 Raptor 700r SE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode