what is the best cam for raptor 700 ? - Yamaha Raptor Forum

» Recent Threads
Parade beast
Yesterday 05:44 PM
Last post by raptordude
Today 12:30 PM
7 Replies, 89 Views
2014 week 35 potw winner
Yesterday 09:11 AM
Last post by Raptor2001/14
Today 11:15 AM
7 Replies, 108 Views
DustyRappy visits...
08-21-2014 06:30 AM
Last post by Pacific Barbarian
Today 11:06 AM
46 Replies, 1,039 Views
new POTW nominations
08-13-2014 10:59 AM
Last post by morphrider
Today 09:39 AM
50 Replies, 1,367 Views
~Crazy ATV Vids~ post...
11-16-2006 09:27 AM
Last post by cARLBOM
Today 07:53 AM
130 Replies, 18,792 Views
First post...
08-31-2014 12:23 PM
by rwjjr
Last post by LJN
Today 07:31 AM
5 Replies, 170 Views
2005 Yamaha 660 Raptor...
08-15-2014 08:00 PM
Last post by willykiller
Today 06:12 AM
8 Replies, 133 Views
White and black smoke
Yesterday 02:55 PM
Last post by willykiller
Today 06:11 AM
1 Replies, 39 Views
660 carb jetting help
08-27-2014 10:33 PM
by klhurta
Last post by willykiller
Today 06:08 AM
11 Replies, 132 Views
Broken Motor Mount on 660
04-17-2007 11:30 AM
by WLD_OTZ
Last post by willykiller
Yesterday 09:33 PM
12 Replies, 686 Views
» Sponsors
Go Back   Yamaha Raptor Forum > Raptor 700 Categories > Raptor 700 Modifications

Reply
 
LinkBack LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 4
Send a message via MSN to maitham-q8
Red face what is the best cam for raptor 700 ?

hi evrey one
my name is maitham from kuwait and this the first post i make
i have a raptor 700R
with power commander and K&N air Flow and Nmotion Exsuast system
i order CP Stander piston 12.1 and FCI Intake
soo i want GOOD cam and good Valuve Kit
so is any body have any idea for the best cam ? and Vaulve kit ?
maitham-q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
aladidi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 188
Default

Megacycle X2 or X4 cam
aladidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
2009raptor700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 130
Default

Hot cams Stage 3
__________________
2009 Raptor,PCIII,Dynojet Ignition, Barker Duals and Pro Design Intake
2009raptor700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member

 
powder coater's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,836
Default

Do you need a drop in cam or can you do some machining to make the cam fit?
powder coater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitham-q8 View Post
hi evrey one
my name is maitham from kuwait and this the first post i make
i have a raptor 700R
with power commander and K&N air Flow and Nmotion Exsuast system
i order CP Stander piston 12.1 and FCI Intake
soo i want GOOD cam and good Valuve Kit
so is any body have any idea for the best cam ? and Vaulve kit ?
Welcome to the forum! Let us know what kind of powerband you prefer. Do you like to lug the bike around, or do you like to rev it? There are 3 different valve spring kits available(that I know of) that have proven reliable:
Ferrea
Web
Kibblewhite

All of them will work with the current crop of cams. We have found that there is very little difference between the X-2, X-4, and Hotcam III on a mild build. The story will change as you add a ported head, TB, etc.... If you want valves, I can only reccommend Ferrea at the moment.

There are some very aggressive grinds coming out, but that does not mean that they are automatically best for you. The best cam is gonna be the one that fits your riding style.
__________________
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd, VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Paypal; kenny@swva.net


Last edited by kenny; 10-15-2008 at 08:03 AM.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
assassinq8i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kuwait :D
Posts: 90
Default

Were Can i get ferrea valves? any link?
assassinq8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 4
Send a message via MSN to maitham-q8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
Welcome to the forum! Let us know what kind of powerband you prefer. Do you like to lug the bike around, or do you like to rev it? There are 3 different valve spring kits available(that I know of) that have proven reliable:
Ferrea
Web
Kibblewhite

All of them will work with the current crop of cams. We have found that there is very little difference between the X-2, X-4, and Hotcam III on a mild build. The story will change as you add a ported head, TB, etc.... If you want valves, I can only reccommend Ferrea at the moment.

There are some very aggressive grinds coming out, but that does not mean that they are automatically best for you. The best cam is gonna be the one that fits your riding style.
will thx 4 the help
i dont want make porting cause if i make porting ill send my head to u.s.a and that cost much off tima and money
and i want lug the bike around
and how can i get Ferrea valves ?
thx 4 the help
maitham-q8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitham-q8 View Post
will thx 4 the help
i dont want make porting cause if i make porting ill send my head to u.s.a and that cost much off tima and money
and i want lug the bike around
and how can i get Ferrea valves ?
thx 4 the help
You can get the Ferrea valves through me or Racers Edge. I see no reason for you to change them without porting. You can see substantial gains in flow by just reworking the factory valve seats. The factory valves are plenty durable for a torque style motor
__________________
KDS Racing
685 Hope Rd
Floyd, VA 24091
NEW PHONE 540-818-9154

Paypal; kenny@swva.net

kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
RaptorForum.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website. Content on RaptorForum.com is generated by its users and RaptorForum.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk and FTP-Anime.com