Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 700 lower a-arm loosen bolt and accident

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  PHX RAPTOR 
#1 ·
Hello, I'm from Argentina and have a raptor 700 2009 with a-arms alba racing +2 like the photo below.
A bolt of the ball joint that connects to the lower a-arm loosen and gets off (round circle red in the photo).
That's make me crash to the sand, it was at low speed so I can write these, nobody hurts but if it was at high speed someone can be hurt or kill.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
How many hours did you have on them before failure?

#4 ·
Are the threads on the bolt and ball joint still good? If so, just put it back together with a little bit of blue Loctite. If the bolt is bad, it should be replaced with the same grade. You may want to chase the threads in the ball joint with a tap.

#7 · (Edited)
Give your bike a thorough inspection before every ride. That's my best advice, since these machines take a beating and vibrations along with torque and stress on components can make parts fail, I torque check my lug nuts and suspensions components before I ride as a safety measure. If you're really worried about it though you can use aircraft safety wire and bolts to ensure it can't back off, though it's a lot of work to do.

If you use just loctite don't try and tighten the bolt any further after it has been put back in and dried. This will just break the loctite, so just lightly try and twist the bolt periodically, if it isn't loose then it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.