Raptor Forum banner

New air filter, what's the process?

757 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TXOUTLAW 
#1 ·
I need a new air filter but I really don't know a whole lot about what I should get or install. Any suggestions on what I should get and why? What's the deal with the "intake" filters that cost a lot more? Will a basic new filter do as well? Anything specific I should clean or check while changing the filter? Excuse the basic questions, I'm still pretty new to this.

#2 ·
Well the first thing you need to decide is how much are you willing to spend? Do you have a fuel controler? If not I would just get a stock replacement and be done with it. The aftermarket filter only really benifets from an open airbox(no lid) and you need to have a fuel controler to run it that way. The FCI intake is just a much better intake system than the stock one, and also needs a fuel controler to run it. So thats really were your at. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, buy a fuel controler and start there. Hope this helps

Reactions: morphrider
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.