Raptor Forum banner

Yamaha Raptor 700 2011 overheating and coolant problem

5K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Julien 
#1 ·
Hi every one, i got a 2011 raptor 700 but after 20 min using, i see the overheating gage, the coolant bottle make bubble and is very hot, a lot of coolant overflow... when i turn back to my home the coolant bottle was empty :frown DO you have an idea for this problem?

(Sorry if a make orthograph fault i do my best for write in english)

Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is typical of a blown head gasket.

Start with the motor warm and running, radiator full, and the cap off. Look in the top of the radiator for coolant turbulence. If you see bubbles when revved up, its prolly the head gasket. You can verify this at a automotive repair shop with a CO detector, at your radiator opening.

Only use factory gaskets or Cometic. Have your head checked for warpage. I'm sorry for the bad news.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM. Where are you located?

#3 ·
Thanks for the answers, I guess that was the head gasket but I call Yamaha they told me to check if I had mix 2 different coolant, So I clean up the rad and the coolant circuit, put new coolant and go try with it.

I ride 2 times about 45 min each and no overheat. I though that was only this but I turn back to the trail today, after 1 hour in dry trail I pass into deep mud and water and he overheat again. Every time i pass into water or mud he overheating...

Im from Quebec in Canada

#4 ·
When in the mud is the radiator plugged with debris? Are you sure it is really hot? Maybe a electrical component or connector plug is getting wet and giving a light or running fan in error.

Did you look in your radiator when warm as suggested?? If you're getting bubbles, I still suspect a head gasket.

#5 ·
Sorry I was traveling so I don't have time to make this test. Someone tell to me that I should clean the rad with pressure washer for keep the mud out but its maybe like you tell about the wet electrical component, my raptor is a accidented rebuild quad, 2011 mecanics with a 2007 frame so maybe little component is not on shelter. In the next week I will check everything about that and give you my response! Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.