Need new tires - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Need new tires

Well I've had my razr2 tires for about 6 months. Back tires of about shot. Need some advise on some tires that don't wear as fast. I hit hard pack roads and pavement like 50 percent of the time and that's why they eat off. Needs something to hold up better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Front-Maxxis RazrII/ Rear-BKT 207, 15T GYTR Front Sprocket, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, Pro Armor Shock Covers, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:31 AM

Id look into GBC XC Masters. I have the 20x11-9 6 ply rears. I bought them brand new for $155 for the 2 rears. Much cheaper than maxxis and ITP, and they're just as good or better. Be careful though, they grip up a lot on turns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:44 AM

I run the XC Masters.

Blaze Orange/White 2014 Raptor 700
-PCV w/ timing curve
-Black DMC Force 4 Duals
-Pro-Design K&N Intake w/ Pre Filter (no lid)
-Alba ProPeg Nerf Bars
-Alba Parking Brake Block-Off
-TM Designworks Case Saver/Sprocket Cover
-Powermadd Handguards
-ASV Shorty Levers
-Team Hard Shock Covers
-ODI Rogue Lock Grips
-Renthal 15T Sprocket
-GBC XC Master Fronts/Rears
-ITP Sandstar Rears (for the flats)
-NGK Iridium Plug
-Tusk Super White Bulbs
-Engine Ice
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I had looked into those before I got the razr2s. Was told they weren't true to the size and that they run smaller.

2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Front-Maxxis RazrII/ Rear-BKT 207, 15T GYTR Front Sprocket, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, Pro Armor Shock Covers, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:11 PM

Hmm I never heard that before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'll probably just do those then unless I find a better option. Kinda wish I could just put car tires on it lol

2016 Raptor 700r SE
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:29 PM

Garage
Kyle... Got my stocks with ~6 hours on them. All yours if you want them.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny700r View Post
Kyle... Got my stocks with ~6 hours on them. All yours if you want them.
Thanks buddy. But you keep them as back ups. I still got some tread left. The stock tires only lasted me a month and that was during my break in period. Lol.

2016 Raptor 700r SE
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:45 PM

Garage
Right on brother. I ended up storing my stocks and hole shots when I bought sand stars. I've only been doing dune riding at beaver ok.
xMOWERYx likes this.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone have good luck with Wanda sport tires? Also seen that duro makes a desert/x-country tire too.

2016 Raptor 700r SE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode