Raptor Forum banner

what kind of oil?????????

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  cbase31 
#1 ·
sorry about this guys! i know you probably already talked about this. but what kind of oil should i use? im going to order it today. thanks guys!

#3 ·
RaptorFreeeek said:
Seriously, does anyone ever read their owners manual? It specifies it in there. <sigh> here..hope this helps http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=8464.0
How can you get mad at a guy with an avatar like that? lol, I guess we're all new at some point. I went with standard Yamalube 4, 10W-30. I may switch to synthetic or semi-syn once the motor has more break in time. If your bke is basically stock, you change your oil regularly, factory oil will be as good or better then any. You can spend huge money on other stuff but may not see much out of it other then light wallet.

#6 ·
ya know i didn't even know there was a search tab on this site. im a dumb ass. no you weren't comming across as a dick. i get frushtrated about that too. thanks for the imput. i will definitly use the search from now on :thumbsup:
RIDE HARD GET DIRTY! THEN DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!

#7 ·
I'm new to the rappy, but not new to quads. For years I've used Rotella T 5w40 synthetic in all of my vehicles. My Motorcycle (Hayabusa), my quads (Rincon and Z400), my truck, my lawn mower, everything that uses oil. It works great. I plan on using it in the rappy too once she's broken in.

The good thing is I can get the oil at Wal Mart for about 15 bucks a gallon.

#8 ·
geesus....I was thinking the same thing..you coulda typed the kind of oil to use faster then you crying bout his post..

#9 ·
I ran Yamalube for 3 oil changes then switched to Amsoil 0w40. :thumbsup:

#10 ·
I have been using yamalube for years and years now. Good stuff and a great price. I use 20w-40 cause it doesnt get very cold here but gets hot as hell.

#13 ·
ok ill be the odd ball here... valvoline 10w40 atv semi syn..

#15 ·
07raptorgytr said:
ok ill be the odd ball here... valvoline 10w40 atv semi syn..
Not the oddball anymore, I use the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.