Raptor Forum banner

Speed Limiter Bypass (ebay Easy)

91K views 292 replies 87 participants last post by  maroon88iroc 
#1 · (Edited)
OK guys here ya go just cause I said I would. Just incase there is some kind of pattent or something I'm going to give you the Ebay item # and you can go look it up yourself. It's ended but it's still there put item # 320316603307 in the search and go for it. You can copy it down load it or whatever. The guys store name is dezertrace909 it really does work I did it on my "07" Raptor 700 (big difference) in 5th gear HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE There is a pic now of the wire that you cut post #27 in this thread (WARNING IF YOU DO THIS MOD BE SURE TO DISCONECT THE BATTERY AND UNPLUG THE UNIT FIRST!!!! DAMAGE MAY RESULT IF INSTRUCTIONS ARE NOT FOLLOWED EXACTLY)

#3 ·
search the forum I posted the fix for it about 1 year ago

#6 ·
hey there's dezertrace909 and some curly or somehting i think

I believe there both in business, but there was a discrepency. But yes i did alot of digging and there is a patent pending lol. I wonder how much it costs to get a patent?

anyboyd have a clue? there's a few things i could put a patent on! lol

#116 ·
I believe there both in business, but there was a discrepency. But yes i did alot of digging and there is a patent pending lol. I wonder how much it costs to get a patent?

anyboyd have a clue? there's a few things i could put a patent on! lol
it depends on who you have draw the patend up and there are different types of pateneds......i had a lawyer do one up for something that will be manufactured and it cost me $4500

#12 · (Edited)
Quote from Shredder770 in Feb 06'

For those of you who do not know Yamaha has a speed sensor installed into the transmission. what it does is in 5th gear at somewhere around 7500 it starts de-rating your timing and ultimately governing your top speed.

Unplug that thing, it will not effect your computor or give any ill side effects to your bike. the only thing you will have is a sensor in your tranny with 3 wires about a foot long tht you will need to tie up or.......

Thanks,

Mike

#25 ·
1. Disconnect battery terminals.
2. Remove you ECU box (under seat drivers side). UNPLUG IT!!
3. Cut wire in harness that is all the way on the end of harness. There is a baby blue wire and a darker blue wire with a stripe. Cut the baby blue wire where ever you like I do it three inches from harness.
4. GROUND BABY BLUE WIRE (baby blue wire coming out of cdi).
5. Connect your speed sensor if it is currently disconnected. No longer matters.

i ask this waiting for a barage of abuse , but this dont make sence to me
"Cut wire on harness that is all the way on the end of harness ?"
also is the cdi the ecu of where is that and the blue stripped wire has been mentioned but what do you do with it ,
pics would be great so i could see what is going on and what im meant to do
sorry for being a plank
thanks paul

#32 ·
Are you grounding the wire that comes out of the box after cutting or are you grounding the wire from the Tranny?

Jay

#36 ·
Ok guys, so let me get this right...

I cut a baby blue wire and earth it, my bike hits stupid speeds in 5th gear, sounds great! My only worry is why would Yamaha put this wire in, what i mean is it must be for a reason? The bike doesn't need to conform to any restrictions as its not built for the road. Does it limit the life of the engine or general wear and tear on the bike?

Like many of you guys my bike is important to me, really dont want to put her under any unessasary strain just to get that extra few MPH...

It just doesnt make sense unless it needs to be restricted for a reason.

Anyone feel the same?

Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.