Raptor 350 Rev Limiter - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Raptor 350 Rev Limiter

Hi, I would like to know if there exists something ( probably a CDI) that adds a rev limiter to my quad, I tought it had, bur apparently it does not have one. I was looking for one that does that bouncing rev type. If anyone can help me I would appreciate a lot! Thanks

Edit: sorry if I posted in the wrong place, this is my first post

Last edited by Motorsporteiros; 05-04-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 06:21 PM

A dyna fs or one of the cheap ebay garbage that put way too much timing advance in would do this but I can't see why you'd want it. There isn't a camshaft out there for the 350 that is still on the right side of the power curve beyond the stock limiter. If you're lucky it'll just wear your engine out faster running at those rpms. If you're not you'll be rebuilding earlier than planned. You won't be quicker and if you need to be faster you either need gearing, power mods, or both to increase speed near peak rpm.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-05-2018, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
A dyna fs or one of the cheap ebay garbage that put way too much timing advance in would do this but I can't see why you'd want it. There isn't a camshaft out there for the 350 that is still on the right side of the power curve beyond the stock limiter. If you're lucky it'll just wear your engine out faster running at those rpms. If you're not you'll be rebuilding earlier than planned. You won't be quicker and if you need to be faster you either need gearing, power mods, or both to increase speed near peak rpm.
What I wanted was just the sound of the rev limiter, like on the yfz 450/raptor 700, only for fun.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode