tech support on some of your OLD products ... - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
TVP

tech support on some of your OLD products ...

hey .. I got some of your "old" extended a-arms off ebay and was hoping to get a little tech help ...assuming these are yours ?? and not just a sticker someone put on them ?? these require the spindles be cut to fit a larger taper on the ball joint ?? sounds like something of yours ?? are there newer ball joints to solve this issue .. or is there a tool available to ream my spindles at the correct angle ?? is this something you guys can do if I send mine in ??
let me know ... they look like AWESOME parts and I want to try and break them ... it's what I do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVP View Post
hey .. I got some of your "old" extended a-arms off ebay and was hoping to get a little tech help ...assuming these are yours ?? and not just a sticker someone put on them ?? these require the spindles be cut to fit a larger taper on the ball joint ?? sounds like something of yours ?? are there newer ball joints to solve this issue .. or is there a tool available to ream my spindles at the correct angle ?? is this something you guys can do if I send mine in ??
let me know ... they look like AWESOME parts and I want to try and break them ... it's what I do
I could be wrong but i head of those arms.Burgard made those for many years that you had to ream the spindles.Burgard used VW balljoints on their arms before the newer style came out. Hope this helps..

For the coal riders of PA,
www.youtube.com/coalcountryriders
If you ride PA check out the forum,
www.coalcountryriders.com
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
TVP

pretty sure they are JDs ... they look just like thier new ones .. which are different than anything else on the market that I've seen .. I emailed [email protected] directly from thier page .. hopefully I can get a response :\

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Site Sponsors

did you get your problem figured out?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
TVP

well .. sort of ... the answer is .. all that information was lost in a fire .. so the arms are sitting on the shelf and I'm shopping ebay and this site right now for new ones .. since I just got my 05 660 back from the theif that took it ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode