TRX450ER OEM Headlight Switch Wiring - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

TRX450ER OEM Headlight Switch Wiring

hey guys,

im installing an LED Light bar on a buddies 07 TRX450ER. i have the lightbar mounted and the harness ran from the battery including a relay, fuse, etc. the only thing i have to do is splice it into the oem switch, which my buddy wants to happen. i did this to my 04 Raptor 660 and its nice to be able to retain the factory start, kill, and light switches without having to add any more switches. coming from the harness, which was originally plugged into a rocker switch, i have a 12v hot, ground, and accessory(switch for relay). coming from the oem headlight switch theres, ground, high beam, and low beam wires. where do i have to splice the wires coming from the harness in order to make it work with the oem switch? i have been poking around with a test light and a DMM, but i cannot figure this out. attached is the wiring diagram for theTRX450ER.

also heres a link to the actual PDF.

http://kendallrace.com/tech/CH25-Wir...450R-ER-25.pdf

thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trx450er.jpg
Views:	7442
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	101497  

2004 Raptor 660
- stock suspension, stock bore, hot-rods crank assembly, stage 2 hot-cams, FMF Powercore 4 exhaust, FMF Powerbomb header, Digi-Diodes LED Lights, trailtech computer, IMS tank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode