Yamaha Raptor Forum - View Single Post - How To: Remove PB Sensor
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Limited660

Send a message via AIM to Limited660 Send a message via Yahoo to Limited660
How To: Remove PB Sensor

Ok, first locate the left headlight, it looks like this.

Take the headlight off and follow the wire from the top of the clutch perch down inside and tug on it while watching the wires, you should see and white plug with 2 wires going into it behind the bracket that supports the radiator. Unplug it, you should now see this. The plug is outlined in yellow and pink.

On my quad, I took the whole wire off the thing. To do this you need to remove hood, then undo the 2 wire clamps, 1 on handle bars, 1 by steering stem. Now on top of the sensor at the perch, you need to push in a tang and pull at the same time to remove it, now pull it out and put the wire clamps back on and put it all back together. The wire you took off should look like this.

Your done, enjoy your riding free of engine cutting out.

Some people get confused reading the rest of the thread...THE ONLY THING YOU NEED TO DO IS UNPLUG THE SENSOR. DO NOT WIRE ANYTHING BACK TOGETHER, REMOVE THE PLUG AND STOP.

All of my posts require the use of your own common sense!

2004 Limited Edition 660 Raptor - Pro Circuit T-4 Full Exhaust - TrailTech Vapor - TrailTech Logo Dashboard - Trailtech X Bars - MotorSport Sport Bumper - DG Water Pump Plate - GYTR A-Arm Skids - GYTR Full Body Skid - GYTR Swingarm Skid - ITP Holeshots - GYTR Heel Guards

New Toy!! - 2011 Ranger RZR 900 XP - 4500lb Winch - Full Cab

Last edited by Limited660; 03-15-2012 at 10:46 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome