Raptor Forum banner

Please sign to keep our riding areas open

28K views 159 replies 141 participants last post by  D13 
#1 ·
#6 ·
They are trying to close over 14,000 acres of Ocotillo Wells, Superstition Mountain area for geothermal studies. California really needs to step back and take a close look at how much money offroad enthusiasts spend on things and how much revenue we create for the state. On a holiday weekends I always wonder how much money is setting out there in the dunes.

#8 ·
Dude, hesperia almost got my quad taken away on my 1st time out. We followed directions we found on the net to a riding spot. And my buddy got clocked by a helicopter doing 60 and the cops came out there and gave us a warning and a pamplet "ride were you like,loose your bike" WE had no idea it was closed or we wouldn't have been there. I know there are open areas, but I guess this part was to close to town.

#9 ·
I absolutly despise these liberals that want to close land up for riding. Don't even get me started on what these same people are trying to do to take our guns. They are slowly taking away our rights, sooner or later we will have video cameras on every street monitoring our every move.

#11 ·
Michigan(where I'm at) used to be hard asses about them. now it's legal to ride on the side of any county road at 20mph. the gov is lightening up for us. it's about time.
it got to the point where ppl where doing it anyways and we made the townships kick in.

#14 ·
chadshlong said:
I absolutly despise these liberals that want to close land up for riding. Don't even get me started on what these same people are trying to do to take our guns. They are slowly taking away our rights, sooner or later we will have video cameras on every street monitoring our every move.
even if they do put cameras up to watch our every move. i would still ride. i wouldnt give a fuck. :lol:

#20 ·
28458. michraptorguy, I also live in MI, where'd you here that we can ride on any county road... not that I don't believe you I just always freak out when I ride, I've seen two buddies get $125 tickets for "operating on a public road". If you could PM me with some additional info I'd appreciate it. I sure hope you're right, cause I'll be riding fearless!!

#22 ·
We all love riding, yet not all of us are willing to keep riding spots open? This forum topic should be 10 pages long. Just my opinion, but I really think everyone on here could fill out the 30 second online form. Think about your favorite spot getting shut down. That is what could happen to many people if we don't help out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.