ZX14 Raptor at Little Sahara Sandfest - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 12:28 AM

Sorry to hear this, prayers your way and hope all goes well.

2007 Raptor 700r

2011 Raptor 700r -Gone but not forgotten

HMF full exhaust - PC5 - modded lid - Pro Armor nerf bars - Pro Armor grab bar - Alba gas cap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Well I'm back on the forum, thanks to all the warm wishes for my girlfriend. They call her the miracle at the rehab center. I guess about 95% of people with her injury are wheel chair bound the rest of their lives. It was touch and go for quite awhile with a multitudes of screw ups by the hospital but she finally reached the surgeon she needed and he had a good day. So she had her surgery which they thought went well and she was able to retain movement in her legs and feet and slowly improved. The insurance wouldn't pay to bring her home the 12 hour drive and she couldn't ride in a car that far so we got her employer to arrange a critical care flight to get her home to our local rehab center. The rehab center was great and she started to improve rapidly but with a lot of pain and set backs. After 3 months she has almost full use of her legs but her feet are and will continue to be a problem. She walks but is limited and after about a half mile her foot starts to clop like a horse hoof. She had a regression last week which scared her as she hasn't hurt her back since but lost a lot of progess for some unknown reason.
She was able to barely pass her physical to return to work and is so very glad to be back to somewhat of a normal routine. She has some PTSD from the incident and she cringes just watching sand rails or side by sides jumping on youtube. But she still wants to ride atvs and maybe someday, ride my zx14 raptor which she was just learning to do the day of the accident. Yep, she's a racer. It has given me pause somewhat to the risks I take on the raptor and some of the other racing I have done. But I am still gonna race, you gotta live right. And there is just a warm glow I get when I pull up beside the other quads in the sand and know, someone's gonna eat some roost if they get too close to me. We won't be going to Oklahoma again for quite some time, probably start close with some familiar events and then go west, maybe waaaaay west. Gonna lengthen the swingarm on the raptor, currently 10 over, to 22 over. It needs all of that as it sits several inches higher than a stock raptor. Hopefully that will allow some big launching without the the wheelie bar. I also got some 18 paddle staggered rippers coming to feed the beast which as yet has not found its limits on tires.
Thanks again to everyone for your warm wishes and if you see a big blue raptor with a whole lot of motor sticking out the top, sides, and bottow, just come on over and say hi.
Mad Dog and Cammy like this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 07:37 AM
POTW Moderator

Garage
So very glad to hear this has a positive outcome for her. No doubt it will take plenty of time before she gets in the saddle if at all.

How about a pic of that beast?

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 11:05 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
I'm glad her recovery is coming along, it takes time, so, just go slow. It's a good sign that she wants to ride again. I know what you mean by hospital screw ups, it's happened to me for more then 1 1/2 years when my torn rotator cuff was misdiagnosed.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode