ZX14 Raptor at Little Sahara Sandfest - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

ZX14 Raptor at Little Sahara Sandfest

I have some pics and videos from our trip to Oklahoma last week. I will try and post some from my phone. I am stuck in the hospital intensive care unit as my fiance got hurt very badly in a sand rail accident while taking a ride. She had a big surgery so we are still in the icu. So I thought I would kill some time and try to post.
Depending upon the sand conditions the ZX14 raptor ran very well and turned a lot of heads. I never put the wheelie bar and rippers on it while we were there. I was just having fun doing wheelies and beating up on the kids that couldn't figure out what just passed them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Apparently i can't just pull pics off my phone with the paperclip attachment on this forum. Looks like i will have to post to photo bucket and then link.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 11:42 AM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Hope your fiancÚ is ok. I heard about the wreck the other day.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 12:13 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Best wishes to you and her. I've been in ICU a few times myself.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Thanks, she was the one out drag racing with the big yellow can am outlander 1000. It is gonna be a long rehad. She had spinal damage but I won't get into her injuries more than that. She asked a guy with a sand rail for a ride when he said he was going to do a wheelie. He did on the first jump, just brought up the nose and rode a wheelie down the backside of the dune. The second pass wasn't even that much, so apparently on the third pass he was gonna show off and jumped like 70 feet and crashed the back of the sand rail into the sand which made it slap the front down so hard it bottomed out the car and bounced up off the ground again. It destroyed her back amongst other injuries. If I wasn't trying to do patient care on my fiance I would have punched him right in the face for endangering her in such a fashion. Prior to the accident he said he was just gonna do a wheelie down the dune as he stood beside us criticizing the other sand rail owners saying to jump that dune was just too dangerous and then that's exactly what he did.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 03:42 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Wow, I just hope she comes out alright. Prayers for you and your fiancÚ my friend.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Being Single, Seeing Double, Making Triple

Hope your Fiance heals quickly. I heard about this the other day.

07 700R SE 2
Pro Design K&N, DMC Comp 4, Dobek TFI, Pro Armor Pro XC Nerf, Pro Armor Dominator Front, Pro Armor Pro Race GB, ODI TLD, Motion Pro Twist Throttle, Tusk Voltage Tires
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2015, 07:43 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
No doubt all our thoughts are with you guys....speedy recovery wishes.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Lifetime VIP

Sorry to hear this.
Sending prayers no one wants to hear of a fellow rider getting hurt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Andon Jones likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Sorry I haven't gotten any pics posted yet or any videos. I have had my priorities and my life changed dramatically since the accident. My fiance is recovering and is improving. The doctors say she is a miracle given her injury, she was a miracle to me before she ever got injured. We will have to sell her quad to help pay for the bills and attorney but as long as she continues to improve I don't care. The rehab staff here is some of the best in our state and they are winning my vote and my thanks as she improves daily.
She vows someday she will ride again but i don't know whether she will ever race again. So you guys who got to race beside her out there and see her top fly up at the end of the drag race you might be out of luck of any repeat in the future. Thanks to everyone for you thoughts and prayers. I will eventually post some videos of the races.
Andon Jones likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode