Raptor Forum banner

R1 Raptor Drag Quad Build

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  MonkeyWrench 
#1 ·
Just about finished with this build. Building it for the 1/8 mile asphalt drag strip. Started as an 07 Raptor 700 and Ive been putting in an 05 R1 engine. This came in as a bone stock 700 with a seized engine. I did the engine swap, extended arm, heavy duty carrier and axle, rims/tires, front wheel bearings, braided brake lines front and rear, new handlebars, a custom battery tray under the seat, and a ton more. Still gotta finish exhaust, hook up PC5, plumb fuel return line, and possibly build a wheelie bar. Once its sorted I plan to add an air shifter and nitrous.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
PC5 showed up yesterday and I hooked it up. Still waiting on the fitting to arrive to plumb the fuel return line. Also waiting on a new thermostat oring to arrive monday so I can stop the coolant leak. Then gotta finish running the exhaust. Thinking Ill just weld in an o2 bung and put an autotune on the PCV. Then Ill probly start building a wheelie bar since I think its gonna wheelie bad with the R1 and 15-55 gearing at the strip even with the extended arm since it has those big ass tires on it... Started it up for the first time the other day and it runs decent. Gotta figure out what to do with the choke since it runs off coolant and its not plumbed in so it idles high all the time... Either plumb coolant to it or disable it.

#3 ·
That machine just looks like it will rip your arms off, lol. Make sure to post a video when you do get to run it, I for one would be very interested to see it.

#5 ·
Replaced the thermostat o-ring today and that fixed the coolant leak, ran the fuel return line and plumbed it into the tank, ran the engine and bled the cooling system and then found out the stock cooling fan that I reused from the original ATV was bad. Maybe thats why the engine was locked up when he brought it to me originally..? Ordering a UPI high performance cooling fan tomorrow. Should help keep the engine cool with that and the FPS Racing radiator which is 3 times as thick as the stocker. Should have the exhaust finished up this week as well and be done for the most part. At least with phase 1...

#8 ·
I have to be honest, I don't think it's beautiful. But it's damn cool :)

#10 ·
Im not offended, I dont think its beautiful either but it was built for a specific purpose and I think Ive achieved that purpose.

Thanks, its a hoot to ride!! That test ride I never got over 1/4 throttle as it gets super squirly... Definitely adding a steering damper and I think it needs the toe adjusted on the front wheels to make it more stable as well.

#11 ·
Maybe wings and a parachute?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Haha. Not there yet. Maybe after the nitrous... lol

I do believe the toe is set up a little inboard which ive always heard causes an atv to be squirly at higher speed. I may not be right but Ive always thought toe should be set slightly out or straight but never in...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.