who wants a R1 raptor? - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 PM

Talking

You gotta get a season in on that som bitch! thats like every one of our fantasies come true around here. 165 hp whew! can't buy it, but i'd like to rent it ror a week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to evlls1 Send a message via Yahoo to evlls1
wish i had the $ for an r1 motor for my cart lol
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlls1 View Post
wish i had the $ for an r1 motor for my cart lol
i just bought a 08 R1 motor. might do another one. i dunno yet depends if i can get funds cuz this last one cost a fortune. i might just sell the motor out of my yfz 501 and drop a R1 in that. either way atleast one of these bikes gotta go. dont care wich one but one has to.

2006 raptor 1000cc se. widowmaker 180 horse and climbing

06 yfz 3 mil stroker, stage 3 hotcams, curtis sparks ported race head, 13.5 piston, 98 mil big bore, 42 mil mikuni race carb, full LRD exhaust, direct drive lockup clutch, trailtech vapor speedo, eng temp, rpm, custom one off intake, polished engine covers,

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 PM

Dude, Raptor 700 with R1 motor in it - that is sick! How many HP? Do you have picture of it?
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myraptor View Post
Dude, Raptor 700 with R1 motor in it - that is sick! How many HP? Do you have picture of it?

165 horse power.

getting some pics tomarrow but its not done yet. exhaust still needs to be built, cuz the stock exhaust is titanium and you cant weld titanium to stainless steel, so i had to buy brand new stainless steel headers for it that will be here next week. then one day to build the exhaust to the mufflers and its done.

06 yfz 3 mil stroker, stage 3 hotcams, curtis sparks ported race head, 13.5 piston, 98 mil big bore, 42 mil mikuni race carb, full LRD exhaust, direct drive lockup clutch, trailtech vapor speedo, eng temp, rpm, custom one off intake, polished engine covers,
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fineguy76 View Post
165 horse power.

getting some pics tomarrow but its not done yet. exhaust still needs to be built, cuz the stock exhaust is titanium and you cant weld titanium to stainless steel, so i had to buy brand new stainless steel headers for it that will be here next week. then one day to build the exhaust to the mufflers and its done.

From personal experience, these types of projects take triple your time, triple your cost, and quadruple your stress level.

Dont give up - keep the raptor. Git er dun, and come to the dunes! Once you get this thing together and get it out to the dunes, I promise you that you will think "It was all worth it".

Hang in there, the pay off will be well worth the frustration.

2006 Blue Raptor 700R
Raptor Displacement Calculator:
http://nvmyz28.com/quads/displacement.html
Raptor Gearing Calculator:
http://nvmyz28.com/quads/700R_Gearing.htm
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMYZ28 View Post
From personal experience, these types of projects take triple your time, triple your cost, and quadruple your stress level.

Dont give up - keep the raptor. Git er dun, and come to the dunes! Once you get this thing together and get it out to the dunes, I promise you that you will think "It was all worth it".

Hang in there, the pay off will be well worth the frustration.

ha ha then you have done this before

when i started this i thought i could build it for 3,000 dollars and 2 months lol.
boy i was so effin wrong on that wasnt i.

its now 8 months into it and a hell of alot more than 3,000 dollars. we wont mention how much cuz i dont want to freak out and have people tell me how stupid i am.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 04:52 PM

any pics of your build yet or is it sold already?

03 660 raptor
  • AC racing nerfs and grab bar
  • skin graphics and seat cover
  • G force axle & extended hubs
  • motosport tork wheels w itp hd's
  • renthal fatbars
  • endurance trailtech w billet handlebar clamp
  • billet gas cap
  • custom front bumper
  • PRM skids
  • K&N air filter
  • GYT-R carbon fiber pipe
  • flipped front wheels
  • shaved fenders
  • 12/41 gearing
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 06:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to hitmix300
pick your head up man sounds like your sad or something after reading your posts, i hope you get your raptor done and really go out there and have some fun... i used to be like you but im probably alot younger, i bought remote control cars, pimped them out put 1000s into them but i really didnt drive them alot, it was like "what the heck is the point"

so if you really love riding like alot of us do, then you'll be patient, get it done, and done right then really enjoy them out on the fields and dunes

HIT OR MISS
HITMIXIT
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 AM

Sounds like a sweet build! did you ever get it together?

I built a shifter cart w/ a 636 motor on it last year. I was worthless as tits on a bull, you couldnt lay into it or you were gonna be in the ditch. I managed to hit 164mph GPS on bridgestone speedway slicks..but I highly doubt the cassets and bearings were designed to go that fast.

get that sucker done and rip it up!

02 Raptor with CBR600F4 swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode