ZX14 Raptor, it lives but I got some questions for any Busa drivers out there. - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 PM

looks good'' id try to soft'n up the rear shock alittle to help it launch better if you ever make it to glamis, ill see how bad you beat up on me with my little old 450!! i try not to mess with them big cc monsters at the sanddrags,so i wait till i catch them on the hill'' the hp to weight seems to favor my little bike there the best'' good luck with it''
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

The swinger is a 10" over custom built.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamefighter2012 View Post
The swinger is a 10" over custom built.
really wow. for some reason it looks short. i was thinking a +4 if that. just seems like a +10 would be out there. maybe its cause the back is raked up so high in the rear.

heres my +8 but my bike it lowered 2 inch so maybe thats why mine stick's out there more.

Bone stock for now

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamefighter2012 View Post

Now I think I got it.
Mike build this? Aka the Fog?
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnss View Post
really wow. for some reason it looks short. i was thinking a +4 if that. just seems like a +10 would be out there. maybe its cause the back is raked up so high in the rear.

heres my +8 but my bike it lowered 2 inch so maybe thats why mine stick's out there more.
I measured the stock swinger from center to center on the pivot and the axle, about 17.5". Mine is 27.5" I think because the quad has actually been raised it just looks more like a stock quad, but keep in mind all the weight sits low in the machine with the engine sticking out 3" below the frame. In fact it sticks out just a little lower than the exhaust. The high weight is only the tank and me, the engine weight is all down low.

Yes, its Mike's build.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

By the way, the finish on your build is awesome. I elected not to go with powdercoat as I knew this was probably gonna be a work in progress for some time. It is only painted with a rattle can. I want to do the carbon fiber plastics but am waiting to get all the bugs worked out before I try to pretty it up. The current blue plastics were off another raptor and came with the donor raptor as he gave his "nice plastics" to a friend before I got it. So for now it will remain a little less attractive until I'm sure we are done doing major things to it. By the time I do another build I think I will try to do it on my own. I have some ideas I really want to try.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 AM

Well after looking at yours i can see why it looks shorter. it seems where your swing arm mounts to the frame sit's it a few more inch's than mine.

Bone stock for now
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 PM
oly

saw this bike in person about a week ago.Very nice bike.sounds great

2008 raptor se:R1 powered
2008 raptor 250se
2012 kawi teryx se 750
2006 brute 650
2005 prairie 700
2006 yfz 450se
2009 Eton 150
1987 kawaski tecate 250 3 wheeler
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Well I tried to run the raptor at the Genoa Fall Jamboree but trouble struck, first it was the chain tensioner going over center each pass. That led to first and second degree burns on my wrists as I struggled to flip it back over while I had some guys bottom the quad out. I think we we finally got that figured out when someone noticed that the main welds on the rear shock mount had cracked. So I let discretion be the better part of valor and just trailered it for the rest of the jamboree. I only got a couple passes on the quad and never got it much over 7000 rpms. The big sand blaster tires were too much for the extremely wet sand but I think they will work in dry powder. With that said it was still dam fun to wheelie at will as you rip down the sand. I had my girlfriend take some go pro video of a couple passes. These were the first. I will get more as soon as we get it welded and gusseted better. Hopefully next week and we will run it against my renegade 800 in the field. I will try to attach a link here but if it doesn't work just go to youtube and search ZX14 Raptor and you should find them. It was a short ride but still worth it to drive right past the fasted built raptors and yfz's out there that day. Yet there were definitely some finely set up banshees that could smoke me with the setup I had that day, just too much tire for the wet sand.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-24-2014, 01:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to inVINSONable1 Send a message via Yahoo to inVINSONable1
My Raptor balls just shrank by infinity.....lol What kind of man in his right mind puts a 1.4 liter engine on a Raptor ?!?!? A cool one!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode