LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 05:55 PM

Re: EFI CONTROLLER SETTINGS

EFI Controller: Dobeck
Controller settings/Map:4-7-7-9
Intake modifications:Pro-Flow K&N no lid
Exhaust modifications:BUB with FMF Powerbomb
Internal modifications:none
Comments:started out with 4-7-8-7 and plug looked rich so changed the last two pots, looked good but might try switching the last pot back to 7 and see how she runs.

06 700 SE<br />Bub silencer<br />Fmf Powerbomb header<br />Dobeck<br />ProFlow K&amp;N <br />15th sprocket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 07:28 AM

Cheech, hang with me here as I'm a trying-to-get-up-to-speed newer guy here but your post has me confused.

If you started out with 4-7-8-7 and the plug looked rich, why would you dial the rpm pot down to 7? I thought the lower the number on that pot the SOONER it started dumping fuel in on that "main jet" circuit. I see where you went down 1 clock position on the main itself (from 8 to 7) but then you told the TFI to start flowing the fuel in sooner.

700r<br />Dobeck<br />Pro-Flow Intake w/K&amp;N<br />HMF Slip-on
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 PM

EFI Controller: pcIII
Controller settings/Map: map sent from fuel moto
Intake modifications: prodesign pro flow w/k&n
Exhaust modifications: hmf slip-on
Internal modifications: none
Comments: when i recieved my pcIII from fuel moto with map i didn't have the intake mod yet. found that the quad was running rich and installed the intake mod. helped out alot but still runs a little rich.

07 700 SE, HPS 778 Stroker, 14:1 custom piston, HR+5 crank, Web4, HPS Race Port, +2 valves, 58mm TB, MSD, Empire Big Bores, tuned on E-85
06 700 SE, HPS 778 Stroker, 10.75:1 CP piston, HR+5 crank, Web4, HPS ported head, +2 valves, 54mm TB, MSD, Monster big bores
08 700 SE, build in progress

post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-17-2006, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich807
Cheech, hang with me here as I'm a trying-to-get-up-to-speed newer guy here but your post has me confused.

If you started out with 4-7-8-7 and the plug looked rich, why would you dial the rpm pot down to 7? I thought the lower the number on that pot the SOONER it started dumping fuel in on that "main jet" circuit. I see where you went down 1 clock position on the main itself (from 8 to 7) but then you told the TFI to start flowing the fuel in sooner.

I'm really new at this stuff also, but what I did was on the last pot(RPM that Main Jet dumps fuel) I was at 7 when I was rich and put it back to 9 like I read to have it in the instructions. I figured the main could be making it rich and would try it dumping at a higher RPM. Like I said I am still playing with the last pot and trying to figure out the right set up. If anyone has any info maybe I could learn a little more or a lot more

06 700 SE<br />Bub silencer<br />Fmf Powerbomb header<br />Dobeck<br />ProFlow K&amp;N <br />15th sprocket
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 04:38 PM

PCIII
Map from Fuel Moto (M416-034)
Trinity Stage IV full exhaust, stock airbox and filter with lid removed.
My elevation is around 1000-1500 feet.

Signature for Rent
post #16 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-18-2006, 09:31 PM

dobeck
4: 6: 7: 6:
stock filter no lid
stock exhaust w/ sparky out
elevation 1100
runs great but feel it may be still on lean side, plug color is a very light tan to a white color, still playing with the pot's..

Thanks to my sponsors..

VelociRaptor- For High performance Head work 205-886-7043

VP Racing Fuels- Midwest supplier of quality racing fuels 812-466-1175

All Out Throttle- For HIGH quality custom vinyl graphics log on to www.alloutthrottle.com

HMF Exhaust- For High Quality Race Proven Exhaust Systems

DL700- Mobile dyno service, Dynatek Performance Programing, Cam shafts and Performance parts at a great price. Phone# 951 743 6328 www.highdesertdyno.com
post #17 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-19-2006, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich807

I'm really new at this stuff also, but what I did was on the last pot(RPM that Main Jet dumps fuel) I was at 7 when I was rich and put it back to 9 like I read to have it in the instructions. I figured the main could be making it rich and would try it dumping at a higher RPM. Like I said I am still playing with the last pot and trying to figure out the right set up. If anyone has any info maybe I could learn a little more or a lot more

E-Mail between Matt Stoxen at Techlusion and myself

Hi Bill,
What I have seen since we developed the kit in 2005 is that the 90
position worked very well for general trail riding. But I have seen from are
90 to almost 30 depending on the modifications. Yamaha could of done
some fine tuning to there mapping that would also affect how the TFI
see's the main jet fuel. There's also manufacturing differences on Yamaha's
side and ours.
The settings that you ended up at should work very well. I do have one
question when you were checking to see when the red light came on, was it in
natural or while riding? It doesn't hurt to do it both ways.

Thanks
Matt

I checked for the red light while it was in neutral. My local guy gave my a setting they used on a 700r with similar mods as mine and they used a 4 O'clock setting on the RPM pot........which made my red light flicker at idle and when I would give throttle they all shined , puff some smoke and bog, this was all in neutral. On 7 is seemed very crisp and responsive and the red light kicked in a little before 3/4 throttle. On the test ride it seemed very responsive, pulled hard and I didn't feel flat anywhere but I didn't torture it to bad yet. Sounds like I'm ok at 7, just wanted to confirm with you since you suggested the setting of 9 in the paperwork I got with it.

Thanks for the info
Bill

You got it, that's how I would of done it.

Matt

post #18 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-20-2006, 12:05 AM

Thanxs for passing that on. When I get some more ride time on it I will be going back to 7 on the last pot and see how she works

post #19 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 09:44 PM

EFI ControllerOBECK
Controller settings/Map: 4,7,8,6
Intake modifications: 4 in. CFM perf. K&N
Exhaust modifications:FMF Q series, W/FMF SS high flow header
Internal modifications:
Comments:70 ft. elev.

700R<br />full FMF pipe<br />Dobeck TFI<br />4 in. CFM Perf. intake<br />K&amp;N filter
post #20 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:17 PM

EFI Controller: Dobeck
Controller settings/Map: 4-6:30-8-7 (elevation 4,000 ft)
Intake modifications:K&N Pro Design with Pre-filter
Exhaust modifications: Dr. D Full exhaust system
Internal modifications: None
Comments: Runs excellent, good plug color, pops on initial start in cold weather but never after that. I messed with this a lot and I think I finally have it dialed in. The only change I make for lower elevations is to the 2nd pod. I change that to 7.

2006 Raptor 700<br />GYTR Skid<br />GYTR A-Arm Skids<br />Dobeck TFI - 4,630,8,7&nbsp; <br />Dr. D full pipe with SA <br />K&amp;N Pro Design Air Filter with Pre-Filter <br />- air box lid removed<br />GYTR Nerf BARS<br />Precision Steering Stabilizer<br />15 tooth sprocket<br />YFZ 450 Front shocks<br />Fasst Flexx handlebars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode