PC3 map causing longer start ups - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

PC3 map causing longer start ups

When starting the bike now, even when warm, it takes several cranks to get the engine started. It only does this now that I installed the PC3 with their recommended map for my setup. Is there a way to tweak the map to get it to start better?

-Tim

2011 Raptor 700R (red n white)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
What are your mods?? And where is the map from?? Unless you have big mods, it should start the same as before. I would check the spark plug and battery charge.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

I'm telling you. It always started right up without the pc3. Now it takes several cranks

Just an hmf slipon

-Tim

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 PM

Garage
How is your spark plug and is the battery fully charged.

Look at the map, there is no fuel added until 1000 rpm's. I would bet your starter is normal and cranking much slower then that. Check the wiring and connector pins for proper connections. Remove the PC3 and see how it starts. If it starts good, then I would try another map that close to your mods.

Is your PC3 grounded at the battery?? Very important. Still have a problem, call PC/dynatec tech services. They are very helpful.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Should I make the 0's to like a 1 or 2 then below 1000 rpm? Battery is fully charged and spark plug is new

-Tim

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
How is your spark plug and is the battery fully charged.

Check the wiring and connector pins for proper connections. Remove the PC3 and see how it starts. If it starts good, then I would try another map that close to your mods.

Is your PC3 grounded at the battery?? Very important. Still have a problem, call PC/dynatec tech services. They are very helpful.

Did you check the wiring?? Is it grounded to the battery. (Many people put the black ground wire to the + positive on the battery. It must go to the - ground. Read your instructions.) Did you check the pins? Remove the PC3, back to stock. Then check for starting.

What I'm saying about your map is there are no changes to the stock map until you reach 1000 rpm's. Then you get the "8" fuel shot for off idle acceleration. It should start and idle the 'same' with or without the PC3.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 03:48 PM

My PC3 did the same thing on my 06 and 09, I just got a pc5, it fires up on the first time like a stock bike, same tune and all.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
What I'm saying about your map is there are no changes to the stock map until you reach 1000 rpm's. Then you get the "8" fuel shot for off idle acceleration. It should start and idle the 'same' with or without the PC3.
his idle adjustment may be set too high so it is hitting that 8 shot, or his valves could need adjusted, or a combination of both.

unhook it and see if it works then, or try the map they have on their website for a stock bike, and a stock with the spark arrestor removed. if it still does it, take it off. if it works then, you had it hooked up wrong, or you need some small tweaks off idle. i have a pcv with a generic map for a gytr and the rest of my mods and it starts fine at the house. when it gets hot it takes an extra crank or 2, and more if i stall it in some tight trees, but i think thats because of the unburned fuel. mine did that when i had my old "cobra" (i think) adjuster, but i had it set too rich off idle.

'08 700se
sparks x6 full exhaust
pro-design intake
11.5:1 TECH piston
HC2
pcv
ac pro peg nerfs
houser steering stem
pro taper contours
lonestar quick adjust with "reverse"
odi rogue grips
powermadds with wraps
itp gncc 22 front
Dunlop quadmax sport radial 20" rears
armadillo chassis skid
armadillo swinger skid
5k bi-xenon h.i.d.'s
tusk p-brake block off
tusk case saver

Last edited by jonny_b; 09-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 PM

I was gonna say check the valves too. Mine did that also when after all my dyno pulls the valves were just a touch off and made a huge difference
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Did you check the wiring?? Is it grounded to the battery. (Many people put the black ground wire to the + positive on the battery. It must go to the - ground. Read your instructions.) Did you check the pins? Remove the PC3, back to stock. Then check for starting.

Ya all wiring is good and solid....I'm an electrician so I used a quality ring terminal and terminated it directly to the battery negative.....

Well ya interestingly enough it acts this way....the guy from DynoJet said to start the bike immediately after turning on the ignition before the fuel pump stops priming the line.....I haven't tried that yet

-Tim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode