Brand new pc5 trouble - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By DEZPERADO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Brand new pc5 trouble

I just bought the big 3 power exhuast kit. (Monster duals, pro design air kit and Pc5 programmer) from techquadshop. It is supose to be pre-mapped for my exhuast/intake I bought from him? So Installed it all and it will not start. I got the right tps plug (onside of throttle body). Kinda bummed as there are no good tuners around tacoma area. Only one is roosterbuilt and Ive called everyday for two weeks straight. I donot have a laptop to check if he premapped it. Any ideas besides buying a new laptop? Didn't think I'd run into the issue. I was gonna have a shop with a dyno in flourence tune it when I went down to the dunes next month.

Last edited by sam700r; 04-07-2015 at 08:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:50 PM
GARAGE CULTURE

There are two plugs that are physically able to cross connect with the Powercommander installation, easily swapped. Try swapping them around.....

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

2009 Raptor 700.
Powercommander 5 with DL700 Timing Curves, FCI with Box, HD5050, +5 Hotrods, Ported Head +2 +1 by Freez, CP 11:1, +3 Throttle Body, DMC Force 4, Lonestar Swingarm, Houser MGC LT +2.25, Custom Axis LT Triple Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Front, Custom Axis Double Spring Triple Adjust with Plush Ride Upgrade Rear, Hipertech 3, Kenda Bearclaw, Fasst Flexx, Precision Pro Steering Damper, Lonestar Axle.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 12:26 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Yep, the plugs are easily confused with each other. Also, make sure that positive and negative wires are connected properly.

I may also be able to help with your map. I'm in the tacoma area, UP. I'll be out of town for a week, but if you pm your phone number I'll call you next week.
Cammy and lms1977 like this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

I know that the two plugs are interchangable. Like I stated Im postive on the last plug (tps) is going to the tps plug on the (right side). So I called Dynojet and they had me run some tests. Moral of the story is that he told me to cut sheathing back where the ground splits out and goes to the negitive on battery and find the black with white stripe, cut it and that the side going from the module straigt to negetive terminal and leave the tps side capped. This made my bike start and run rediculously AWESOME! Now , I left for a little bit , got back hours later and now it won't start. My yamaha mechanic friend said I probally fouled the plug by starting it previous times. That makes no sense at all to me. Any one ever deal with this?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

So quick update, Bike will only cold start with oem tps plug in and after that, it does start with the programmer plug in. ANYONE?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 10:25 AM
Pity is freely given, Jealousy is earned

Does it start when plugging the stock electronic back in ?

Could be issue with the map, do you have a way to get your Raptor near a PC with a long USB extension ? This way you could a try a different map or try using the zero map too.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Ya that's my next thing I was gonna try. It's so wierd. It will not cold start with programmer tps plug.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode