07 Raptor 700R need help with map (lean) - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

07 Raptor 700R need help with map (lean)

Im new here, also new to raptors and fuel injection. I have an 07 raptor 700r and it is stock becides pc5 and I have the exhaust insert out and air box lid off. I have loaded the correct map into the pc5. I have calibrated the TPS and reset the throttle correctly. I adjusted the valves, intake .10 and exhaust .18 and it has a new oem ngk spark plug. The trouble I am having is the raptor doesnt like to start right up without a little throttle. By the way idle has been set between 1400-1500rpm. Its only needing throttle to start cold. When it starts cold, the idle is high then low and it seems to struggle until warm. Nothing serious just noticeably different after pc5. Sometimes it will die when warming up. Temp here has been about 50. The next issue is I check the plug to see if i was lean or rich.. The plug was whitish after only 30 mins of running.. No tan or black only white ash looking. I'm going to say its running lean now with pc5. The map I have loaded is from the pc5 website for stock exhaust insert removed stock air box lid removed.. Those are my only mods. So could should i add fuel on the map? Where should i add fuel? All number up a couple or only certain numbers? I'm new to mapping. I know higher numbers add fuel.. Lower subtracts fuel. Maybe someone has a better map or could guide me on where to adjust fuel? That would be great and thank you for your time. Couple other things, it runs awesome when warm. No backfire on declaration and awesome throttle response. I think the map from the website is pretty close but maybe off at lower rpm and a little to lean throughout. today I noticed something really weird.. Maybe someone can help with this too.. When cold starting I have a high idle until warm and its not my TPS because i set that right and reset throttle to 0% for idle and the TPS is at .68 but heres the weird part.. When I have my headlights on I dont have high idle on cold start.. I stood there turning my headlights on and off and off I have high idle cold,on I have normal idle. What could cause this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:16 PM

They have a high idle normally until warmed up but not sure about the headlight thing
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

I have read that they do have high idle warming up. Its around 2500rpm when cold. But yes the headlight thing has me really botheted. Id like to figure it out. Any ideas on where to add fuel to the map? The plug is a little white but it seems to tun excelent becides when it dies warming up. I think its lean at idle and low rpm.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:22 AM

Try bumping up your numbers by 5 in the far left column from 0 to 2000rpm and see if that helps. If you can post a screen shot of your fuel numbers.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

I don't see a way to attach pictures here, maybe its because im new. I could post a video of the map and raptor running. Far left column at 0 throttle are all 0's all the way down. The map is from the powet commander website. At idle it says my duel adjust is about 5%
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 11:36 AM

It sounds like the TPS may need to be adjusted if at idle and it shows fuel at 5%. Post a screen shot at idle. You need a few post to have access to post pictures.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 02:50 PM

Are you sure you dont have an air leak around the boot between the throttle body and head? Spray carb cleaner around the joints while its running. If the rpm dip when spraying, you have a vacuum leak. Raptors tend to be rich at idle without adding any fuel.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

When i can post pictures I'll post some. I haven't checked for air leaks but that's a good idea. I'll do that now and take some pics of the map running. But maybe I didn't say it right, the throttle position/percent is at 0 at idle after I adjusted the TPS and reset the throttle. I went through the calibration correctly and the TPS is at .68 so that should be ok. When I first ran the map the TPS was at .86 and my throttle percent was at 8 at idle so it idled very high at startup. But yes the far left columb is the 0 percent throttle and the fuel numbers there are all 0 and I havent changed anything with the map from power commander. I wish i could post a video of the headlight thing.. If I have my headlights on with a cold start it idles perfect but if I turn them off that is when it goes into high idle.. Maybe were dealing with some kind of electrical problem? Can i post links here? I could put a video on YouTube.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

What I meant was at around 5 was the fuel adjust not the throttle percent. Im not sure why the fuel adjust is saying 5% when my throttle percent says 0 and is at its 1400-1500 idle.. This whole thing is weird to me expecially the headlight poltergeist.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:46 PM

I would need to see a screen shot to give you good advice. You can adjust the parameters of your TPS in the PCV and at idle it will show you at 2 or 5% throttle or more. With a screen shot at idle I could tell if it is misadjusted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode