DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?" - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

That would be neat to see. I can't really see that an airbox would change anything if it is not pressurized with a ram air intake. I would like to see if I am right.

Craig,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 11:32 AM

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

Putting that in the airbox might affect the flow of air into the the intake. It creates an obstruction.

Chris
When I am not messing around on my Raptor 700, I am working on my website: CABCOT.com - Cabins for sale
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to CaliRaptor700r
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by crallin
Putting that in the airbox might affect the flow of air into the the intake. It creates an obstruction.
With the air box lid on, yes I would agree, however, with the lid off, I doubt anyone other than a dyno would notice a difference.

Mr. C

Spider Grips,AC Racing Black Line Nerfs, Bars,Bumper,Engine & Swing Arm Skids,Grab Bar,DynoJet PowerCommander & Quick Shifter;ProDesign Intake, TrailTech HID's, Bars, Clamp, Vapor System,Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Full Exhaust, HD USA + 2 kit/shocks, & re-valved & re-sprung OEM rear shock by HD US

post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-24-2006, 02:50 PM
air
Suffering from Chronic Tinkeritis

Send a message via Yahoo to air
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

Splicing into the wires like that is never a good idea. There is a reason all the connectors are sealed. The splice could cause a few problems in the future.

Other than that great write up.
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 02:05 AM

how are you suppose to do it then. You have to get to that wire somehow so that its talking to the tps for the accel pump. Its not like he just made up that step either, its in the instructions from dynotech.

*06 Raptor 700R SE: Barkers, FCI, PC3, DynaTek Ignition (custom curve), HC3, +3 TB, TQS 11.5.1,Evac, Sparkplug Wire Mod w/ iridium NGK, Full GYTR Clutch w/ HD springs, Ohlins Suspension F/R, 15/38G
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 12:17 PM
air

Still a bad idea I do not care who designed it that way.
I have been a mechanic for over 20 years and the only place unsealed connections are good is in an interior of a vehicle.
I have spent a lot of hours and customers $$$ repairing taps from alarms, stereos, aux lighting etc.
The proper way would be to have a piggyback connector.
Other than that I would cut, solder and heatshrink

Find another unsealed connector on the machine.
One of the service bulletins even deals with corrosion.
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 03:01 PM

I am not disagreeing with you that it probably isnt the best thing in the world to be cutting into the wires.....but on the other hand, it probably isnt a good idea to be doing exhausts......doing intakes.....messing with the fuel managment....changing gears. They all could wind up breaking down the quad or increasing wear. That splicer they have you install on the tps wire isnt like its making this huge patch of bare wire. You simply pinch the thing on there, and the little medal blades inside the splicer cut threw JUST ENOUGH of the wrap to make contact. I dont really know that ANY wire is showing or exposed to the elements.....not if you do it right. I would have to think there is as much exposed on it as there is at every single electical connection on the bike. Just dont see how you are so concerned about this additional one. I have yet to hear anyone having any problems.
Bottom line is, it works, and makes the quad perform better. Is the machine going to last forever NO, but doing mods like these are part of the game, and to me are well worth any added wear and tare. Had my yfz all clapped out with mods which is a much more high strung motor, and NEVER had a problem with it the entire time I had it!

*06 Raptor 700R SE: Barkers, FCI, PC3, DynaTek Ignition (custom curve), HC3, +3 TB, TQS 11.5.1,Evac, Sparkplug Wire Mod w/ iridium NGK, Full GYTR Clutch w/ HD springs, Ohlins Suspension F/R, 15/38G
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 09:41 PM
air

Wiring issues from corrosion take time, water, mud etc to develope and they will.
Its not about now its about a few years from now.
For the $$$ one spends on a PC3 why wouldnt they put a better connector on it.
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-25-2006, 09:53 PM

well, good question. I am sure cost and complexity comes into play.....but dont know the full answer. I did go look at mine and can say I am not any more nervous about that tps splice tap then I am about any other part of the electrical sytem. There is indeed NO wire showing under that tap. To me its nothing to worry about.

post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 09:53 AM
air

Time will tell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode