DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?" - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 01:51 PM

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

Just a word of advice i installed mine last week and i used about 3 tie straps to hold the harness in place along the frame to make sure that it wouldn't move......

2006 Raptor 700r<br />Renthnal 15T(Front) 37T(Rear) &amp; Chain<br />K &amp; N Mod Quad intake<br />Power Commander<br />LTE Dual Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 02:14 PM

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

and my 2 cents on tapping into the TPS wire i found it eaier to take off the right fareing bolt and reach it from the side....mine was really stuck on good i had to use a flat head to pry it off (make sure really careful if do this) once tapped in i used electrical tape to make it really secure......

p.s. i ordered mine from fuel moto.....works great....

2006 Raptor 700r<br />Renthnal 15T(Front) 37T(Rear) &amp; Chain<br />K &amp; N Mod Quad intake<br />Power Commander<br />LTE Dual Exhaust
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

I was wondering cali how long it took for your install and how long would you estimate out of all that time it took you to take the photos (in order words if you didn't have photos to take how long would it of taken?) I'm thinking of getting a PC but I'll probably be asking my dealership to make the install. Also, are there any install instructions that come with the device itself (I would hope so) and would it be possible to make it available online. Thanks.

Erik

2006 Raptor 700r (Blue) <br />GYTR front shock covers<br />GYTR muti-stage foam filter <br />+2&quot; Black FullFlight a-arms<br />2k6 S.E carbon fiber finish nose piece<br />Matching PowerMadd hand-guards<br />Black DG perf V-Lite front bumper - back ordered until Jan 2007, wtf?

post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to chevz7194

It is a very easy install you could do it yourself no problem. I found it easier to remove the plastics aswell. It gives you alittle more room to do the job right and not break anything.

2006 700- Monster Big Core Single, Tech 11.5:1 Piston, HDD5050, Bo Trex II, MSD w/ HDD curves, +3 TB, Pro Design w/ K&N, CCP Stabilizer, AC Pro Pegs, Flexx Bars, Houser MGC A-arms, Elka Stage 4, Atv4Play Stem, Maxxis Razr II, Quadtech Seat

2006 YFZ 450- Std bore WR crank and piston, White Bros exhaust, Prodesign intake, AC Nerfs, GTT Shocks

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother - Henry V
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 02:36 PM

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevz7194
It is a very easy install you could do it yourself no problem. I found it easier to remove the plastics aswell. It gives you alittle more room to do the job right and not break anything.
Thanks for the comments, and just to reply to my own post I'd like to point out I found a direct link to the install instructions which is:

http://www.powercommander.com/maps/install/I416-411.pdf

Erik

2006 Raptor 700r (Blue) <br />GYTR front shock covers<br />GYTR muti-stage foam filter <br />+2&quot; Black FullFlight a-arms<br />2k6 S.E carbon fiber finish nose piece<br />Matching PowerMadd hand-guards<br />Black DG perf V-Lite front bumper - back ordered until Jan 2007, wtf?
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 03:05 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by air
Wiring issues from corrosion take time, water, mud etc to develope and they will.
Its not about now its about a few years from now.
For the $$$ one spends on a PC3 why wouldnt they put a better connector on it.

Air, they don't gear their installs to people like you and I, they gear them for the mechanically/electrically challenged general public. If you bought one you would solder it up and put heat shrink tubing on it, so it's really no big deal. ( I know shit like this bugs me to ) I rarley use any of the connectors supplied with any electrical component, I prefer ancor marine grade connectors that you can shrink with a heat gun or pocket torch when your finished, the same as you would do with heat shrink tube only you don't need the heat shrink tube or the solder. They work slicker than owl shit and have been proven for years in harsh marine enviroments

post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to CaliRaptor700r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapt7ooR
I was wondering cali how long it took for your install and how long would you estimate out of all that time it took you to take the photos (in order words if you didn't have photos to take how long would it of taken?) I'm thinking of getting a PC but I'll probably be asking my dealership to make the install. Also, are there any install instructions that come with the device itself (I would hope so) and would it be possible to make it available online. Thanks.

Erik
I've taken off the plastics so many times on the 700r, for both mine and my co-tester, but for a first timer, with reading, getting the right work area together and tools, I would say definately say no more than 90 min's from beginning to the very end. But if your knowledgable, perhaps just under 30 min's.

Peace.
Mr. C

Spider Grips,AC Racing Black Line Nerfs, Bars,Bumper,Engine &amp; Swing Arm Skids,Grab Bar,DynoJet PowerCommander &amp; Quick Shifter;ProDesign Intake, TrailTech HID&#039;s, Bars, Clamp, Vapor System,Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Full Exhaust, HD USA + 2 kit/shocks, &amp; re-valved &amp; re-sprung OEM rear shock by HD US
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 01:10 PM

So the PCIII install is easy, but with the wire tap, whats an easy way to avoid corrosion.. i do alot of woods riding, and theres usually always mud... I dont know much about soldering and all that, so if theres an easier solution for a beginner that would be awesome...

06&#039;&nbsp; Blue Raptor 700<br />06 SE Hood<br />GYT-R Bumper &amp; A-Arm Guard<br />Pro Armor Radiator Guard<br />Trailtech HID&#039;s &amp; X-Bars w/ Clamp &amp; Vapor<br />Spider Grips<br />LTE Duals<br />PC III<br />NGK Iridium <br />Prodesign Intake w/K&amp;N<br />Hiperz W/ ITP XCR&#039;s<br />AC Pro Pegs<br />HDUSA i5500 Kit coming soon w/ Precision Stab.<br />Pics coming soon!
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to CaliRaptor700r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GcSChi22
So the PCIII install is easy, but with the wire tap, whats an easy way to avoid corrosion.. i do alot of woods riding, and theres usually always mud... I dont know much about soldering and all that, so if theres an easier solution for a beginner that would be awesome...
The TAP pieces are all plastic, and have an outer layer of plastic, with the metal contact piece that pierces the yellow wire on the 700r, and then the male connector taps into the TAP and it is all sealed. With the plastic peices from the TAP, the boot that goes around and protects the OEM plugin and a little bit of electrical tape, I think the whole idea of corrossion,etc. is being a little bit played out to an extreme. But hey, that area of the quad is fairly well protected and underneath the tank, so I theres only so much water or mud or anything that will get up in there. I haven't had any issues to date and I have been riding and washing alot (knocks on wood).

Peace.
Mr. C

Spider Grips,AC Racing Black Line Nerfs, Bars,Bumper,Engine &amp; Swing Arm Skids,Grab Bar,DynoJet PowerCommander &amp; Quick Shifter;ProDesign Intake, TrailTech HID&#039;s, Bars, Clamp, Vapor System,Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Full Exhaust, HD USA + 2 kit/shocks, &amp; re-valved &amp; re-sprung OEM rear shock by HD US
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:49 PM

That goes for me too. Powerwash all the time, and ride in dirt/mud. Everything is fine. Nothing is anymore exposed then from the factory. Some people just like being EXTRA cautious

*06 Raptor 700R SE: Barkers, FCI, PC3, DynaTek Ignition (custom curve), HC3, +3 TB, TQS 11.5.1,Evac, Sparkplug Wire Mod w/ iridium NGK, Full GYTR Clutch w/ HD springs, Ohlins Suspension F/R, 15/38G

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode