DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?" - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to CaliRaptor700r
DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

Here we go with the installation of DynoJets Power Commander (Part # 412-410) for the 2006 Yamaha Raptor 700r.

Tools Needed:

3/8's socket drive with 6" extension

3/8's size 10mm socket

# 2 screwdriver set

Small Sharp Cutting Pliers

Regular Pliers

4mm Allen

Start off of course with working in a safe roomy work environment.

Remove the seat.

For safety purposes, since you will be working on the electrical, disconnect the positive terminal on the battery.

Remove the arrowed items above using your 10mm and screwdriver. Make sure to set them aside somewhere safe, so you do not misplace them or lose them.

You will also have to remove the gas tank cover and front grille. Remove the arrowed items. For the grill removal push up at a -45 degree angle and the grill will come off. For the gas tank cover push forward up and it will slide off. Make sure to set these items somewhere where there is no foot traffic, wouldn't want anyone to step on these items.

Becareful with the lower fairing mount under the seat area, these are tabbed as well, they slide up and backward.

These are what you should set aside from the quad. If you have any more then you took off too much.

I propped the gas tank up with a small box, but if you have someone else available to help you, thats even better, have them hold up the tank.

Route the cables from the PC into the rubber slotted arrowed shown above.

On the lowest farther right hand corner, you will find the TPS connector, disconnect it and tap into the wire. You will use the connector tap connector provided by PC and connect it onto the yellow wire of the TPS plug. Then plugin the PC wire into the tapped connector. I made a slight cut into the factory boot cover so the boot would be able to accomodate the new connector and be protected at the same time as well. Connect the plug back into the TPS.

Your almost done. Now on top, right underneath the gas tank you will find a plugin connector that is on top of the fuel injector. You will unplug that connector and plug in to 2 connectors, the first will bypass and go into the PC and then the other will plugin directly into the fuel injector.

Now that you are done with everything, do not yet put everything back together!!!!

Grab your key and make sure that you did everything correctly. Start you quad, if it starts then you did everything correctly. If it did not, retrace your steps.

As far as placement of the PC, I used the back part of the Air Box for my placement. What you want to do is make sure that both the sites for velcro placement are cleaned for a good bond. I then applied the one side of the velcro onto the PC and then with the other opposite side on the PC, dropped and pressed it into the PC so that way the velcro pieces are fully aligned.

Do not worry about wet weather riding. The PC will fit right inside the airbox. See above pics.

Now your install is done.

Now for the downloading and aplying of the PC software etc, please go to the below sites for more info:

http://powercommander.com/suppsoft.shtml
Download software, click above.

http://powercommander.com/tut_download.shtml
For animated tutorials, click above.

http://powercommander.com/accelpump.shtml
Free accelerator pump upgrade download, click above.

http://powercommander.com/416-411.shtml
Detailed map info, click above.

It is really easy if you have a laptop, just install all of the software needed. Plug in the USB cable to the PC and then plugin the other end to your laptop. Start the software, start the quad, and there you go, the PC and laptop are communicating. For further info, please read the manual as to what and how to do things.

This mod, allowed the bike to not run lean, and your set of the pants dyno will feel the difference right away. This is probably the best mod you can do for your 700r.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM.

Thanks,

Mr. C

Spider Grips,AC Racing Black Line Nerfs, Bars,Bumper,Engine & Swing Arm Skids,Grab Bar,DynoJet PowerCommander & Quick Shifter;ProDesign Intake, TrailTech HID's, Bars, Clamp, Vapor System,Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Full Exhaust, HD USA + 2 kit/shocks, & re-valved & re-sprung OEM rear shock by HD US
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 04:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to sikraptor700
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

Nice write up

2006 Raptor 700R<br />Modded-Thats all you need to know<br />
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:55 PM
LNS

Send a message via AIM to LNS
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

Very nice write up....

Makes me want one

06 Yamaha Raptor 700R<br />15T Sprocket<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

Thanks guys. Just to give everyone an update on the future write-ups that I still have to do:

Suspension:
HydroDynamics USA (aka HDUSA, ishock, www.ishock)
i4500 kit (+2 front end kit w/shocks)
rear OEM shock with re-valving and re-springing

Exhausts:
Big Gun EVO X (full system ceramic system)
CT Racing (full exhaust system)
White Brothers E2 (slip-on) (have yet to receive the Aluminum Pro full system for testing)
FMF Factory Titanium w/Power Bomb header(full system)
Dr. D (full system)

Nerfs, Skid Plates, Swing Arm Plates, Grab Bars, Bumpers:
AC Racing
Pro Armor

Intakes:
Pro Flow Design (Intake System with K and N Filter)
(I will also show you the major diffrences with that system and the K and N system as well)

Computer Systems, misc. (pending setup):
TrailTech Vapor System (electronic dashboard)
TrailTech Bars & Bar Mount
TrailTech HID Lights

If anyone else would like anything else tested/reviewed/how to install etc. please let me know, PM me.

Thanks,
Mr. C

Spider Grips,AC Racing Black Line Nerfs, Bars,Bumper,Engine &amp; Swing Arm Skids,Grab Bar,DynoJet PowerCommander &amp; Quick Shifter;ProDesign Intake, TrailTech HID&#039;s, Bars, Clamp, Vapor System,Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Full Exhaust, HD USA + 2 kit/shocks, &amp; re-valved &amp; re-sprung OEM rear shock by HD US
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:52 PM

Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

My bro has the big gun limited exhaust on his quad and the pro flow design air filter. Now you can hear the air getting sucked in. Sounds like a rocket getting ready to lanch. The exhaust made a hge improvement in sound and power.
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 07:37 AM

Very nice write up bro
i already installed my pcIII, i however stuck it right int he rear where the tools are supposed to be (i lost the tools. not a good idea i know)

I hope you will make how to for the air filter.
Iam getting mine next week

good work mate
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesandzeros
Very nice write up bro
i already installed my pcIII, i however stuck it right int he rear where the tools are supposed to be (i lost the tools. not a good idea i know)

I hope you will make how to for the air filter.
Iam getting mine next week

good work mate
Funny that you mention it, I have everything ready (pics etc), I just have to write it up and post up and it will be done. It will be with the Pro Flow Intake. Just fyi. It should be up this coming Monday or Tuesday (06/19 or 20)at the latest.

Peace.

Mr. C

Spider Grips,AC Racing Black Line Nerfs, Bars,Bumper,Engine &amp; Swing Arm Skids,Grab Bar,DynoJet PowerCommander &amp; Quick Shifter;ProDesign Intake, TrailTech HID&#039;s, Bars, Clamp, Vapor System,Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Full Exhaust, HD USA + 2 kit/shocks, &amp; re-valved &amp; re-sprung OEM rear shock by HD US
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 07:40 PM

I am looking forward to the exhaust write up....I am on the verge of buying the big gun set up....or maybe the yoshie, or.......the HMF.....can't decide. Dang it...

06 Raptor 700, ProTaper bars, PCIII, future mods on the way!!!! <br /><br />2004 1/2 Dodge Ram 2500 HO/Cummins, 4 inch ProComp suspention lift, 35 inch BFG&#039;s, Mickey Thompson Classic II, And much more!!<br /><br />2005 GSXR 600, Black windscreen, Yoshie pipe, Hotbodies tail kit, LED turn signals, frame sliders
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 01:14 AM

So what is your opinion on air box lid...I see you left it on?

Live your best life now
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner
So what is your opinion on air box lid...I see you left it on?
That was to show you that the PC actually fits inside the intake duct for mounting the PC to the back of the air box. For the most part, I actually run it w/out the air box lid. Maybe I should see if I can get a manufacturer to allow me to test an aftermarket aluminum air box. We'll see.

Peace.

Mr. C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode