Autotune Setup Help - Thank you Kevin from JVR and Wobble - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 10:57 AM

Ok, thanks for the advice Redraptor and wobble. Im dabating on a tune as it was way cheaper than I thought, but the autotune is sure nice after comming off a dynatek fi box.

2006 Raptor
+3 TB
FCI w / box
Barker Duals
PCV + Auto
Dyna prog
11:1
HC2
Evac
Elka 3 stabilizer
FLEXX bars-tweaked stem
23/22 razr2 all round on SS112's

Have US PO box for shipped stuff, 59917.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobble View Post
IME, I found the hardware switch to be extremely helpful. When I'm fine tuning my map, I turn on the switch, make a few smooth runs through the gears. On the final run, I then turn off the switch at the top of 4th gear (before hitting rev limiter). This allows me to lug the bike back to camp without the autotune changing the trim levels in the lower RPM's.
Dave, how are you wiring up a "hardware switch"? Right now I just use a quick disconnect wire to power the autotune (bullet connector style, just pull it apart) but I have heard that you can wire a switch directly into the A/T?
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Speed's Best Friend

Its important to note that it takes awhile to get the map worked out. You cant just install it all, go around the block and your quad is tuned. It actually takes several sessions, short at first and eventually longer to get the kinks worked out. This is mostly because it only adjusts up to 20% per throttle position. You have to accept that trim and run it again, and again. You will see 80% changes that took 6 runs to make when your all done. Dont for get thats on top of the start map you chose that matches your mods.

Dont make the mistake I made. I installed a PC-5 and auto tune, wrode around the yard. Loaded the quad up and drove to meet 13 other guys in WV for a week of riding. I barely got out of the driveway, my quad was starving for fuel. It took a day to get it tuned well enough to ride with the others.

post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan727 View Post
Dave, how are you wiring up a "hardware switch"? Right now I just use a quick disconnect wire to power the autotune (bullet connector style, just pull it apart) but I have heard that you can wire a switch directly into the A/T?
There are two wires on the autotune that can be wired to a switch. The instructions say which ones to use. Any standard automotive open/close circuit switch will work.
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Lifetime VIP

It doesn't well work on the dyno, that's for sure...Didn't have a tuning link so I enabled the autotune and it didn't really do much but make it read lower on the dyno
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 01:07 AM

The autotune definitely needs to be disabled when on the dyno.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Lifetime VIP

Yep. I actually lost a bit of power with it's adjustments...so I'm reloading the base map again and doing a proper autotune run once I get a hardware switch tapped in.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Wiring a switch or quick disconnect is a fairly easy task but itn's it just as easy to carry your laptop in a back pack while you are getting your map worked out (5 or 6 runs)?

2008 Raptor 700:
Yoshi RS7 full sys
Hot Cam stage 3
Weisco 11:1 piston
PC5 w/ Auto Tune
Pro Design intake
K&N Filter w/prewrap, 40 tooth rear sprocket, ProTaper Contour fat bars "mid bend", ODI Grips, GYTR heel gaurds, GYTR Nerfs, GYTR Front grab bar
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:03 PM

Well this thread just confused me and made me a little upset. I put the autotune on my bike last summer because I was told I could go anywhere any elevation and the autotune will make all necessary adjustments for me. HENCE THE WORD "AUTO". It sounds like this is the farthest thing from the truth?? So if I go up to north Utah from vegas I have to bring a laptop and accept changes when I get up into the higher elevations?? Thats really frustrating and defeats the whole purpose on why I purchased this thing.
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:04 PM

Or am I mistaking??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode