Autotune Setup Help - Thank you Kevin from JVR and Wobble - Page 5 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:01 AM

Thanks mad dog......i will give them a call first thing in the morning and ask. I just ordered it this morning they said i should receive it no later then saturday....so ill be installing it...thanks again..

GYT-R Front Bumper
GYT-R Heel Guards
GYT-R Air Filter-Lid Off
GYT-R Adapter
K & N Oil Filter
Pro-AM Series Nerf Bars
Scott Grips
ITP Sand Star Rear Paddle Tires
Yamalube 20-50
H.I.D'S
POWER COMMANDER V
HMF COMP-EXHAUST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 12:55 PM

So i got my power commander installed just like it says and when i start the bike it turns on for about 5 seconds then shuts off....plz help!!!!!!

GYT-R Front Bumper
GYT-R Heel Guards
GYT-R Air Filter-Lid Off
GYT-R Adapter
K & N Oil Filter
Pro-AM Series Nerf Bars
Scott Grips
ITP Sand Star Rear Paddle Tires
Yamalube 20-50
H.I.D'S
POWER COMMANDER V
HMF COMP-EXHAUST
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Speed's Best Friend

I know this is an old thread, but Ive had nothing but trouble with my autotune. When I 1st installed it, it worked, but not long enough to get a good tune. The light on the module started to blink and i would only get sparse eratic trims if any at all. After several tries and some tech support help, we determined it may be a bad 02 sensor. $100 bucks later i have the same results with the new sensor. More tech support and Its suggested that the module is bad. So I sent it back to Dyno Jet. They sent it back, said it checked out good. Its been in my garage for nearly a year and I decided to try it again. Ive got a different quad and a different set up from a year ago and a pretty good base map, but I know theres more power to be had. Anyway, Ive installed it and just like before the power light is blinking, WTF? Has anyone else had this blinking light issue?

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Banned @ User's Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_mckeaveney View Post
I know this is an old thread, but Ive had nothing but trouble with my autotune. When I 1st installed it, it worked, but not long enough to get a good tune. The light on the module started to blink and i would only get sparse eratic trims if any at all. After several tries and some tech support help, we determined it may be a bad 02 sensor. $100 bucks later i have the same results with the new sensor. More tech support and Its suggested that the module is bad. So I sent it back to Dyno Jet. They sent it back, said it checked out good. Its been in my garage for nearly a year and I decided to try it again. Ive got a different quad and a different set up from a year ago and a pretty good base map, but I know theres more power to be had. Anyway, Ive installed it and just like before the power light is blinking, WTF? Has anyone else had this blinking light issue?
this is why i wouldnt even bother with that thing, take that thing off sell it and take the money you sold it for and go get a dyno tune. the auto tune will never get your bike running like a dyno tune will, the guy who just dyno'd my bike told me that 5 people who had those brought their bikes in cause " they weren't running quite right" he freed up like 5hp on each bike. thats my 2cents on it take it for what it is, i don't think the product is worth the money, imo the only way it is worth it if you lived in a place with no dyno access
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Speed's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686cc View Post
this is why i wouldnt even bother with that thing, take that thing off sell it and take the money you sold it for and go get a dyno tune. the auto tune will never get your bike running like a dyno tune will, the guy who just dyno'd my bike told me that 5 people who had those brought their bikes in cause " they weren't running quite right" he freed up like 5hp on each bike. thats my 2cents on it take it for what it is, i don't think the product is worth the money, imo the only way it is worth it if you lived in a place with no dyno access
I somewhat agree, im just one of those determined guys. It troubles me that I cant get it to work.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Banned @ User's Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_mckeaveney View Post
I somewhat agree, im just one of those determined guys. It troubles me that I cant get it to work.
i hope you do figure it out, its just everyone that i have talked to about it that has one regrets buying it, i think its the first gen and its gonna have issues, down the road they may dial it in better but i wouldn't get one right now. the concept is great the follow through isn't. i really hope you figure it out and you get more help than someone telling you to read the directions or call dynojet good luck
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM
If it's too loud your too old

I think where most people mess up with the Auto tune is they take a 5min. ride and accept the changes then keep doing it with 5 min rides. It doesn't work that way, you need long rides like a hour at a time for it to get averages then accept those changes and so on. 5min. rides ain't gona do anything except make it worse.
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Speed's Best Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl. Woods Raptor View Post
I think where most people mess up with the Auto tune is they take a 5min. ride and accept the changes then keep doing it with 5 min rides. It doesn't work that way, you need long rides like a hour at a time for it to get averages then accept those changes and so on. 5min. rides ain't gona do anything except make it worse.
I agree with that, Unfortunately i cant even get mine to offer trims. Im sure the blinking power light is a tell tale sign that something is wrong. I just cant figure out what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode