Alba Racing long travel a-arms - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 09:05 PM

My brother has these on his 700 they seem to be holding up well

07 700se with...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 06:53 AM

I've put these on my 700 on my recent rebuild and was wondering if a set of A-arm guards to fit these arms may be in the future? Not all of us ride in nice lush sand lol and it would make these arms even more desirable IMO. I don't know why aftermarket A-arm companies don't make guards for their arms. It really baffles me.

2007 raptor 700 GYTR edition, ODI grips, Pro Taper 1 1/8" bars, Power Madd guards, ASV levers, ALBA +2 A-arms, Stainless front and back brake lines, Pro Armor frame and swinger guard, LSR +4 axle, All Balls axle bearing upgrade, ALBA front and rear disks, ALBA nerf bars/heel guards/foot pegs, Drive line clutch, CCP steering stabalizer, Maxis Razr II's front and rear, Pro Design intake and foam filter, EHS airbox lid, PCV, Trinity Stage IV full exhaust, Invision artworks "Joker" graphics
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM

Just bend some flat aluminum to fit them. Make out of stiff cardboard fit to find where they need to be cut at then transfer the cardboard to a flat sheet of aluminum. then just bend the aluminum. Little more work the just buying and bolting on but should be easy and cheaper.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Lifetime VIP

Garage
Figured I give my opinion on these arms...

First off, the fitment is not good. There is a TON of slop in both the upper and lower arms. I had to modify the upper arm so I could use the OEM sleeve since it was actually the right length. I had to order special shims to make up the difference in the lower arms becasue they had so much slop.

Next, for whatever reason, the a-arm weld quailty seems to be good. But the shock adapters are a total joke! I think my 9 year old brother could produce a better weld that what's on those things.

And finally, since the shock adapter has ZERO protection from rocks and the bottoms of my shocks were literally being chewed away, I ended up welding the shock adapter in and plating the bottom of the arm the way all other a-arms on the market are.

2007 727cc Desert Raptor
2007 Practice/Trail Raptor

2015 Silver State 300 Race Video

2015 Vegas to Reno Race Video

Follow me on Instagram @Quadrider700

Finished the 545 Mile Vegas to Reno Ironman
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 10:45 AM

This review is very disheartening to say the least. I just bought a pair. Always thought Alba was a quality product.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 12:48 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFISH3 View Post
This review is very disheartening to say the least. I just bought a pair. Always thought Alba was a quality product.

Let us know how your install goes. I'm interested if you have the same problems.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Lifetime VIP

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFISH3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Let us know how your install goes. I'm interested if you have the same problems.
After re reading my post I feel kind of bad for Alba but I still think there could be some improvements to their design. Maybe I'm just too picky over the slop but IMO it was a little much. And not having the zerks was a bit of a disappointment because now there is noticeable slop in the plastic bushings. But after looking at some other aftermarket arms they don't all have zerks so I guess that's just the way it goes.

Alba is still a great company. I just ordered a +1 stem and clamp from them for my practice Raptor and Fernando knocked the price down from $200 to $160 shipped which is awesome.

2007 727cc Desert Raptor
2007 Practice/Trail Raptor

2015 Silver State 300 Race Video

2015 Vegas to Reno Race Video

Follow me on Instagram @Quadrider700

Finished the 545 Mile Vegas to Reno Ironman
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:30 PM

Ill be sure to post my progress with the a arms. Sending shocks to jogaca this weekend. So if no grease fittings how do you get lube In there?? Now that i think of it my 08 Z400 has no fittings either!

Last edited by DFISH3; 09-23-2015 at 11:35 PM.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:49 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

You could always tap and die a few zerks in. But several others don't have them such as JD performance. But Housers have fittings and that is one of the main reasons I go with them. Oh and they are tough as nails!

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-23-2015, 11:50 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
The plastic/Teflon/etc is self lubing. Or, add your own zerks.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode