• 1 Post By ian77
  • 1 Post By DEZPERADO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
We are Moving!

Dear Community Members,

Over the past year, there have been updates to your community environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. We sincerely apologize if you have been negatively impacted. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software on the site. Once we started looking at how to address these issues, it became clear that we needed to determine how to fix the underlying problems.

We needed to improve user experience, site speed, and overall performance, all while providing a secure environment for you to interact with your community. For the past few months, we have been actively seeking a resolution to these issues.

We are excited to announce that we are upgrading your site!! We have been working with a design and product development team that has enhanced Xenforo software to provide a modern and much better-performing platform. Our goal is to deliver an experience that better fits the current and growing long term needs of your community.

The new platform is designed for efficiency, stability, and to be user-friendly across all devices, including mobile. More time can be spent engaging, sharing, and contributing to your favorite community no matter where you are!

This is just the first stage of the new platform and we look forward to hearing your feedback as we make regular and timely improvements.

Thank you for all your support!

~ Community Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Raptorforum.com will be migrated to our new platform on Thursday, December 12th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~Community Support
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-2019, 05:57 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that Raptorforum.com will be migrated to our new platform on Thursday, December 12th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration. We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~Community Support

Sometimes they say change is good. But, I hope you don't do what was done to the Maverick forum. The old site was good, but the new changes have made it hard to navigate, you have to go thru each title to find new threads, no friends lists, and much more. People are leaving and going to other forums or facebook. I find myself spending less time searching and not finding what I want so I leave.

It's been over a year since I sold my Raptors and bought a Can-Am X3, but I still return to the Raptor Forum since it's easy to navigate. I don't use my phone a lot but on the laptop I mostly use the "classic" forum.

THANKS, Larry

On this

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Sometimes they say change is good. But, I hope you don't do what was done to the Maverick forum. The old site was good, but the new changes have made it hard to navigate, you have to go thru each title to find new threads, no friends lists, and much more. People are leaving and going to other forums or facebook. I find myself spending less time searching and not finding what I want so I leave.

It's been over a year since I sold my Raptors and bought a Can-Am X3, but I still return to the Raptor Forum since it's easy to navigate. I don't use my phone a lot but on the laptop I mostly use the "classic" forum.

THANKS, Larry

On this
Please listen to this guy, he represents at least the way 2 of us feel about the "new" forums. I've seen several other forums in the tactical community and photography world experience declines in membership because someone, who rarely ever actually uses the product, thought something new would be better. As a newer member here, I'd hate to lose the veterans....they bring so much knowledge to the table for us rookies.
DEZPERADO likes this.

Though I may shake my fist at them again tomorrow, tonight I will bow my head and offer these vulcanized tires as tribute. I will cut the night with the sound of wide open throttle...and no matter what....If I am destined for Valhalla....I will enter as a man who did not lift. - Speed Demons prayer to the Gods of Chaos.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 04:33 AM

Garage
I agree with Dez. Updates are good as long they improve things and don't destroy other functions in the process. Is there a preview available? Or a site that is build on same or similar platform?
DEZPERADO likes this.

2016 Raptor 700R, Street legal, HID kit, 15T front, AIS delete, Jogaca suspension, Adjustable rear link, LSR 2+1 A-Arms, Axcalibar axle, PC5 w/timing and autotune, full Dasa exhaust, Talon 36T rear or stock 38T
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 07:02 AM

Garage
I agree as well, one thing this particular forum has an advantage on than multiple other forums is ease of use.
Alamo likes this.

06 700 se
+2 Alba A arms
+1 Houser ant-vibe stem
Fasst Flexx bars
Precision Pro stabilizer
long travel yfz shocks redone by Jogca
oem rear shock redone by Jogca
GBC XC-Masters
Big Gun Exo duals
FCI intake w/box
PC5 w/ignition
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 10:07 PM

Prepare for change, and don't be surprised if it mirrors changes you've seen to other powersports forums as many share a common owner and platform.

Mike

Photobucket is trash now, use something else.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
The changes on maverickforums is the same change that will be coming here. There is going to be a learning curve of course, but in the end this is just a move to a new form of forum software. Threads are still threads, sections are sections, etc, and once you know one form of software, it's a lot easier to learn another.

We've had some push back on the new format, but overall it's been well accepted. The noticeable bump in load speed goes a long way

Here is the site referred to as an example, if anyone wants to take a look

https://www.maverickforums.net/

Kevin
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2019, 07:49 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
As Mad Dog says change is coming and has common owners on other forums. If you only like Raptor 700's or 660's etc. and you're only looking for your model, this change may be OK for you. BUT, I like to look at all new and repeat posts and it isn't working for me on the Maverick X3 forum. You have to look at Maverick, close that to look at Maverick X3, close that to look at Maverick X3 RS, and so on. And there are other threads that may apply to what I have, and have to bounce around to find them.

So, this will start my final goodbye when it happens on the Raptor Forum. With 10,270 threads and posts, 1,181 friends in 7+ years will be bittersweet to say goodbye to as I've made lots of friends, some more so then others, especially the ones that sent Thanksgiving pie!

I'll be sure to finish the 660 build in the UK and anything else that may come up. Those of you that will continue on the forum know that most problems start with a low battery, dirty 660 carbs, or a wet TPS on a '06-'08 700.

And, I still have a bunch of 700, 660, 450 and other misc. parts to sell, just ask.

Again, this is bittersweet but I guess I'm to old for change.

Love (lol), DEZPERADO
AKA Larry
4stroker4life likes this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

Last edited by DEZPERADO; 11-30-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode