Raptor Forum banner

Little Sahara, OK --mini rally?--Apr. 4-6, 2008

10K views 124 replies 23 participants last post by  rt 
#1 ·
Well, I have been getting A LOT of questions about when our trip to little saraha is and there seems to be A LOT of people here on the forums that will there the same time. We will be there Apr. 3-6!!

Reply to this post if you are going to be there the same time because I would like to get an idea of how many people from the forum will be there. Maybe then they will hold a rally there when they see how many people attend.

#28 ·
Pillow, sleeping bag, comforter and maybe another blanket and good to go.... The remote start is also a nice feature when it is cold out. I have left the truck running all night a few times. Good for tunes that way too... LOL

#29 ·
The 5 of us rented Park AVE. on the 24 hour trail. We have 2 z400's (1 white & 1 yellow), 2 Blue raptor 660's, and 1 black kfx pulled by a black '06 f-250.

Where to meet? I am not sure since this will be my first time there. If any of you who are going know of a good palce for us to meet and get a good group shot, post it here.

Damn, is it April yet? I am ready to go!!! NOW!!

#30 ·
You will know who i am without ever meeting me: im the only one that has two red glass pacs coming up afte my heel guards.(super deep tone....i mean loud)

#31 ·
well i will have to look out for ya.... um.. i think we should get a pick of all of us on one of the big dunes. with someone at the bottom. If we could get a pick of everyone just rolling of the top of the dune and gassing it at roughly the same time( throwing some roost ) that would look awesome too.. i plan on bring a camcorder and camera's too..

#34 ·
Um read the title :lol: Oklahoma

#35 ·
raptormn said:
What state is this in? I might be interested I would be coming down from minnesota a little info. would be great!
Thanks
Waynoka, Oklahoma. Use google maps or yahoo maps. Click on satellite or hybrid view and you can see the park south of town.

Looks like I will be able to make it and may have somebody else going too but haven't reached him yet.

Yahoo maps sez 8 hrs 57 mins from my house to downtown waynoka. ~569 miles. Took me 10 hrs last time but I now remember having a trailer tire blowout and arguing with a Wallyworld guy in Oklahoma city about buying a new tire. He told me I was 5 seconds too late to buy a tire because he was clocking out. :mad: Um, dude. We just drove from Houston and really don't want to sleep in the truck overnight until you come back to work tomorrow. That guy didn't even want to sell us a loose tire and he wasn't the one that was going to ring it up at the register.

#36 ·
Little off topic but, wallyworlds in Oklahoma mostly suck. Not bashing anyone just some of the crap that happens around here is completely absurd.
You hear Pual Harvey talking about the great help wally employees give and first thing I think of is a fairytail story.

Ok done with the rant.

Good luck to all comming for the meet. I hope to be there.

#39 ·
jaf97a said:
1 and 1/2 months away!!! I can't wait!!
Time is getting short and i havent even stroked the rappy yet. Ill probably do it the night b4 knowing me. :lol:

#41 ·
break downs decide how long im there.

#44 ·
A buddy and I both have Rappy's so I'll have to let him know about it. Would be awesome to get a gang of raptors tearing up the dunes. Ive got another buddy at work that has a predetor. He is wanting to to to waynoka as soon as he gets some paddles so im sure he will be down too. If its ok its not a raptor ;) Feel bad for you guys up north. I used to live by the minnesota border and dream of going there...now im in southern kansas. about 3 hours away :thumbsup:

#45 ·
Thats the wrong weekend!! :eek: Just kidding, we will be there the weekend before and after this.... Any one going down on these weekends?

#48 ·
i do to, but i hope i get mine done soon.. i decided to go with the hd springs and the stage3 cam, but i pulled my intake valves and they are cashed :'( so i ordered some kibble whites and im still waiting on them. then finally i will have the beast back ready to tear up some sand :grin_nod:

#49 ·
A group of guys from around around here are talking about going. Couple yfz's, a banshee, and my 660. I've never been. Any suggestions on what to do? Will there be a campsite left if we show up Friday night? If not, is there a way to reserve one? What kind of utilities are available on site. I'm fine with a a tent if I have a place to shower.

Reading above makes me think the south campsite is where we need to be.

Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

#50 ·
the weekend before is snake hunt. if you dont know its the biggest weekend of the year there. so thats the weekend i will be goin. spring break is the week before snake hunt for me so i dont think i could take off work for a fuull week, the next weekend, and the next weekend. but i mite call in sick. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.