Losing Places to Ride, Are you concerned?? - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: Losing Places to Ride, Are you concerned??

Our club president has had a series of meetings with CHH the company that operates the commercial forrestry operation that backs onto the beach where we ride (They don't own the land, its govt property, just the trees & the right to grow them there)
Seems some of the locals have been recording licence plate no's of all the vehicles they see using the LEGAL public accesses & have been sending them on to CHH who have then been issuing tresspass notices to all the vehicle owners!
We also suspect that the 'ringleader' of these locals my have a vested financial interest in limiting the number of recreational visitors to the area, as he is a property developer trying to set up an 'exclusive' lodge for the upper-crust, & our bikes & 4wd's etc make noise & dust & 'visual polution' that detracts from what he is trying to 'create'................
Will keep you posted

2003 Raptor 660LE
727cc
105mm 14.5:1 CP piston
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
HV ported Willykiller 3-Plug head
Ferrea SS Valves
Custom In-Frame Duals
GYTR Clutch

Faast Flexx Bars
Custom +3+1 A-Arms
CCP Steering Damper (I must post a thread on how to....)
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Axis Pro-Air Shocks
Tusk Nerfs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jester2899

Do you know where its incredibly hard to find good trails? NEW YORK. I love to ride trails and everything but there hard to find around me. The closet place to ride "legal" trails is like an hour or so away, and I honestly can't find any tracks around me ether, especially for beginners.

I wish I could do something but cops just don't understand you want a place to ride, and people are taking it away.

[FEEDBACK PAGE]<br /><br />MY 05 RAPTOR 350 IS FOR SALE...
post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 04:06 PM

They close good places around here to build houses. I hate it. Don't move here. It is [email protected]#$%ing up my riding

'07 700 Raptor: Pc3, Barker Duals, Trinity Pro Intake, w/K&N w/outerwears, no lid, SE Shocks, Scotts Dampner, GYTR nerfbars, a-arm guards and shock covers.
post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 PM

There were thousands of patitions (if thats how you spell it?) in florida ( st pete area ) to make some undeveloped land a riding area. Nothing more has been said about it.Everyone complains about the noise.They had a lot of problems when they opened a track in my area and it was all about the noise.We have to many tree huggers in the gov.It sucks I have to drive an hour to ride trails.They complain about quads and bike tearing up the ground but they have no problem tearing it down and building condos!!!!! just my $0.02

Andy

06 raptor 700 se,twin air filter, curtis sparks exhaust, PCIII, Tag T2 bars, Dr. D reverse lever
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:25 PM

Here in central kansas cops and locals would rather kill or injure me or issue me a ticket, for just riding on a public county road rather that going after Americas #1 problem: meth labs I got stoped yesterday, for no reason

04 719,
Barkers+4. (Still straigh as an arrow)
Wiseco clutch basket.
Lock-up clutch
L&A oneway.
Oil mod for piston n rod.( Really works)
houser a arms
Durable axle (Stolen)
Razrs n Quadrocks all around.
EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE
Buy my parts they are cheap and like new.
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Here in central kansas cops and locals would rather kill or injure me or issue me a ticket, for just riding on a public county road rather that going after Americas #1 problem: meth labs I got stoped yesterday, for no reason
you are an easy target, & you aren't drugged out of your mind & likely to kill them with your bare hands (if nothing else is available), despite being shot 2-3 times!
Clearing out meth labs is like mowing the lawn here in mid-spring.
By the time you've finished mowing it, the grass is longer than when you started!

2003 Raptor 660LE
727cc
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
Ferrea SS Valves
Custom In-Frame Duals
GYTR Clutch

Faast Flexx Bars
Custom +3+1 A-Arms
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Axis Pro-Air Shocks
Tusk Nerfs
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM

Here is Washington state, riding areas aren't popular with our state government. They are slowly trying to shut them all down. This is what happens when you have a Democrat governor and 2/3 of the state legislature is Democrat as well--no balance. And the enviro-nazis always donate a lot of money to the Democrats. Unfortunately, the riders in this state don't seem to care as much about keeping these trails open as the enviro-nazis want to close them!

This is why we should all join organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition http://www.sharetrails.org/

These types of organizations fight to keep our trails open. Only 10% of riders donate to organizations like this. If that were to increase to 50%, we'd have some real power to keep our favorite riding areas open.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnXnham
Here is Washington state, riding areas aren't popular with our state government. They are slowly trying to shut them all down. This is what happens when you have a Democrat governor and 2/3 of the state legislature is Democrat as well--no balance. And the enviro-nazis always donate a lot of money to the Democrats. Unfortunately, the riders in this state don't seem to care as much about keeping these trails open as the enviro-nazis want to close them!

This is why we should all join organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition http://www.sharetrails.org/

These types of organizations fight to keep our trails open. Only 10% of riders donate to organizations like this. If that were to increase to 50%, we'd have some real power to keep our favorite riding areas open.
Good Idea!
Something pro-active that people can do!
We don't have anything like that here, but we're working on it.

2003 Raptor 660LE
727cc
X-4 cam & no decomp
39mm FCR's
Ferrea SS Valves
Custom In-Frame Duals
GYTR Clutch

Faast Flexx Bars
Custom +3+1 A-Arms
450 Front Calipers
+2 Extended Swingarm
G-Force Axle & Hubs.
Axis Pro-Air Shocks
Tusk Nerfs
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 12:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jester2899

What I am concerned about, is not places to ride, but the fact that someone can't take out there quad, when the have a big grassy area to ride. Also the cops, are just plain jerks. There not understanding or anything, I mean its a hobby, its not like we are doing anything illegal, but they don't see that.

[FEEDBACK PAGE]<br /><br />MY 05 RAPTOR 350 IS FOR SALE...
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-31-2007, 03:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to avsfan

Here in South Dakota there are really no restrictions for atv riding. There are trails all over the Black Hills and out in the Bad Lands. I don't see them being closed any time soon. The local riders keep things pretty clean around here. There are also a few mx tracks that allow atvs all the time. Pay your $5 and ride all day. You can even license your atv and ride it like a street bike. There are also the dunes out in Wyoming that are a couple hours away.

2008 700SE - ASV Levers - PRM Skid plates - TrailTech Vapor - Powermadd hand guards - Carbon Cover Warning Label Covers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode