Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 02:34 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSupra View Post
Thanks dez. I'll keep the airbox. I ride trails and when I'm on road there is always a possibility to get cought by rain so I need something to keep the water away from the filter. My question is is the difference between pro design and fci with airbox really worth nearly 200$? How much of an improvement can I expect over the stock filter?
The FCI filter won't fit in the factory air box, so is normally run open. There is a air box option, but no lid available, and of course cost more money. The expense is because the FCI is a complete intake system that includes the air tube to throttle body as well as filter and special mounting brackets.

The Pro Design will work just fine for you and will fit in the factory air box. Some drilling required.

I ran a FCI, no box, on my 70 horsepower Raptor 727, and Pro Design on my other 700 with the 'Big 3'. A 'Big 3' consisting of dual exhaust, Pro Design and PC5 controller will yield around 10 horsepower over stock. Some minor mapping may be necessary because of better airflow. Be careful not to over oil, but be sure the edges are oiled.
morphrider and BlackSupra like this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #273 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 04:43 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Spent the day cleaning my garage. Threw crap away that has been sitting hidden in corners or not used in past 6-10 years lol. Truck is full for work dumpster tomorrow but its organized again.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
68HP 49TQ

post #274 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 10:37 PM

Wish my garage looked like that

"My name is Legion: for we are many."
post #275 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
The FCI filter won't fit in the factory air box, so is normally run open. There is a air box option, but no lid available, and of course cost more money. The expense is because the FCI is a complete intake system that includes the air tube to throttle body as well as filter and special mounting brackets.

The Pro Design will work just fine for you and will fit in the factory air box. Some drilling required.

I ran a FCI, no box, on my 70 horsepower Raptor 727, and Pro Design on my other 700 with the 'Big 3'. A 'Big 3' consisting of dual exhaust, Pro Design and PC5 controller will yield around 10 horsepower over stock. Some minor mapping may be necessary because of better airflow. Be careful not to over oil, but be sure the edges are oiled.

I watched the video from Cuervo on FCI intake. No doubt it is a top product. Most of the time I prefer high end products even if I don't need 'em I like them since they are thoroughly designed and less likely to fail and cause other problems in the process. I yet have to check how everything mounts and if I'd have any problems with it. I didn't pay attention though if the stock intake has that tube to TB. What is the purpose of that anyway? Idle?

2016 Raptor 700R, Street legal, HID kit, 15T front, AIS delete, Jogaca suspension, Adjustable rear link, LSR 2+1 A-Arms, Axcalibar axle, PC5 w/timing and autotune, full Dasa exhaust, Talon 36T rear or stock 38T
post #276 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 01:50 AM

Hey guys, some nut on a Raptor FB group thinks he might be the first to do this....I told him it was too greasy, he said it counts.

If he ever nails it, should look like someone just hit rewind from the balance point. Bike stays at the exact same angle at the point all rearward movement ends, then idle forward in a wheelie.

https://www.facebook.com/10002000941...action_generic

Also, totally unrelated, I guess it's time for some upgrades....what's the best way to go about making maximum power at idle? Just big 3 and be done?

Though I may shake my fist at them again tomorrow, tonight I will bow my head and offer these vulcanized tires as tribute. I will cut the night with the sound of wide open throttle...and no matter what....If I am destined for Valhalla....I will enter as a man who did not lift. - Speed Demons prayer to the Gods of Chaos.

Last edited by Alamo; 09-11-2019 at 02:22 AM.
post #277 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:27 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSupra View Post
I watched the video from Cuervo on FCI intake. No doubt it is a top product. Most of the time I prefer high end products even if I don't need 'em I like them since they are thoroughly designed and less likely to fail and cause other problems in the process. I yet have to check how everything mounts and if I'd have any problems with it. I didn't pay attention though if the stock intake has that tube to TB. What is the purpose of that anyway? Idle?
The Pro Design uses the factory intake tube. The FCI air cleaner is maybe twice as big as the factory one, that's why it doesn't fit in the factory box. The FCI intake tube is hard plastic, and the inlet is also big, then tapers down to the inlet size of the throttle body. That increases the velocity to the TB, therefore the performance gain, especially at higher RPM's. The FCI with lack of instructions confuses some as how to connect the crankcase breather because it needs a elbow that isn't included.

If you're thinking of the FCI, I have a used one, no box, for sale. PM your info if interested and I can check on international shipping.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #278 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 08:50 AM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Hey guys, some nut on a Raptor FB group thinks he might be the first to do this....I told him it was too greasy, he said it counts.

If he ever nails it, should look like someone just hit rewind from the balance point. Bike stays at the exact same angle at the point all rearward movement ends, then idle forward in a wheelie.

https://www.facebook.com/10002000941...action_generic

Also, totally unrelated, I guess it's time for some upgrades....what's the best way to go about making maximum power at idle? Just big 3 and be done?
Big 3 does have a lot to do with it, then add a 13 tooth front sprocket.
Alamo likes this.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
68HP 49TQ

post #279 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
Big 3 does have a lot to do with it, then add a 13 tooth front sprocket.
Gear down, of course. Thanks Morph.

Though I may shake my fist at them again tomorrow, tonight I will bow my head and offer these vulcanized tires as tribute. I will cut the night with the sound of wide open throttle...and no matter what....If I am destined for Valhalla....I will enter as a man who did not lift. - Speed Demons prayer to the Gods of Chaos.
post #280 of 335 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 01:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
Smaller front or bigger rear sprocket, shorter tires and as said, big 3. If you're trying to do wheelies, a shorter swingarm and/or move the foot pegs back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode