SaveTheRidersDunes Needs YOUR Input! - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
LBR

SaveTheRidersDunes Needs YOUR Input!

Hope everyone can spare 10 minutes or so to compose a letter regarding keeping our family trail riding in the dunes open for our and future generations.

************************************************** ********************************

1) Enter [email protected] into your address book

2) Type a "friendly" heart-felt letter depicting why the dune trails should be left open to you and your family to ride on.

3) Hit "Send"....we'll do the rest....

We will submit your letter at the upcoming 10-C Travel Management Plan meetings, they will get documented for all deciding committee members to read. This is your way to let the non-OHVers know why those riding trails (Banshee Hill in W/B included in this proposal for lock-down BTW) should remain open and you don't even have to attend the meeting...what a deal! We're greedy and are wanting several hundred letters to submit ASAP.

We welcome you to join in with the other 1400 Facebook friends on Facebook - Save The Riders Dunes....Thanx for reading....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 10:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to joewitafro Send a message via MSN to joewitafro
done

2007 raptor 700r
English Racing Turbo kit w/ PC3
+6 SLC ladder bar swingarm
Tuned By English Racing 83rwhp @ 12psi
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
LBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewitafro View Post
done
Thanx Joe
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
LBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBR View Post
Hope everyone can spare 10 minutes or so to compose a letter regarding keeping our family trail riding in the dunes open for our and future generations.

************************************************** ********************************

1) Enter [email protected] into your address book

2) Type a "friendly" heart-felt letter depicting why the dune trails should be left open to you and your family to ride on.

3) Hit "Send"....we'll do the rest....

We will submit your letter at the upcoming 10-C Travel Management Plan meetings, they will get documented for all deciding committee members to read. This is your way to let the non-OHVers know why those riding trails (Banshee Hill in W/B included in this proposal for lock-down BTW) should remain open and you don't even have to attend the meeting...what a deal! We're greedy and are wanting several hundred letters to submit ASAP.

We welcome you to join in with the other 1400 Facebook friends on Facebook - Save The Riders Dunes....Thanx for reading....
>
>
>
Kind of disappointing that out of 19,062 members here we received 1 letter from Joe....please take 10 minutes to compose a short letter and send to [email protected] you only need to make the letter once and save it for furture emailings......

Went to your Raptor Rally in Winchester Bay requesting assistance to save your public riding trails, the payback so far is Joewitafro's letter...really needing 100s of letters to submit.....10 minutes is all it takes.......please and Thanx in advance....Save The Riders Dunes
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 01:35 PM
GO BIG OR GO HOME

I will do it this week I would could contact a moderator on here to see if they can Make this into a sticky so people will notice this.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Its all about the trophy!

WOW, missed this totally. ill do it when i get home tonight!

pass on this thread peeps, we need to keep the dunes OPEN!!

No Mercy Racing/ CG Performance Alky 812

Everbody Dies, But not Everybody Truely Lives
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
LBR

Thanx for your help!! This is where your short letters go once we receive them:

1) we email each one to the Forest Service in Corvallis to get included in the final document that will be read and decided on for next year's riding

2) we email each one to the 10-C Travel Management Plan meetings facilitator

3) we slap them on the table at each meeting for documentation into that meeting's minutes..the greenies faces did this last meeting

4) we post each one on our blog here http://savetheridersdunes.blogspot.com/

It is swaying towards keeping Banshee Hill open now instead of closing it off like discussed at earlier meetings...we ARE making a difference....these letters may cement keeping it open...
The more personable you can make it for...trail riding, immediate family's enjoyment, future generations (etc) the better.....if you need to vent, biatch, complain, or whine, here's the vehicle to put those emotions into for the Government to read...3 sentences with your name, city and state is all that's needed.......10 minutes to help save your trail riding.....Thanx.....SaveTheRidersDunes (STRD)
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 PM
Its all about the trophy!

done. thank you lbr!

No Mercy Racing/ CG Performance Alky 812

Everbody Dies, But not Everybody Truely Lives
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 11:03 PM

A month ago, I had two reporters from two newspapers interested in this story because of it's potential economic impact on the dunes communities, but no spokesperson would get in touch with them. Not saying it was you, but it was someone organizing and wanting letters written. I finally told the media people to call the Forestry service.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
LBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceya97439 View Post
A month ago, I had two reporters from two newspapers interested in this story because of it's potential economic impact on the dunes communities, but no spokesperson would get in touch with them. Not saying it was you, but it was someone organizing and wanting letters written. I finally told the media people to call the Forestry service.
Apparently they didn't expend the effort to email us or if they did, I passed the info on to others to meet with them - there has been several articles and interviews done in Coos Bay area, but none in Winchester Bay nor Florence to my knowledge....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode