throttle issue!! - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation throttle issue!!

I was driving my 660 raptor 2005, and suddenly my throttle was stoppinh and coming back on, which started after i put in 95 octane fuel, anyway then today i noticed that everytime the throttle shuts down my reverse light pops on, and when it goes back off i have control again. anybody have any idea what is causing this? I was going to use it this weekend but with this its undrivable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 04:47 PM

I don't know where or how it's detected on a 660, but it's probably the reverse switch kicking in when it shouldn't. This turns on the rev-limiter on the engine so if you're going anything over a slow rev it will kick in.

On the 700 there's a sensor on the transmission near the sprocket... It has tiny and quite fragile wires.

'08 Raptor 700R SE (Click for pictures)
Performance: 11.5:1 Tech Piston HC2 Pro-Design + K&N + Outwear No Lid Lexx EFI Barker Duals Iridium Plug
Comfort: DiamondJ +4.5" Kit G-Force Axle Stadium Shocks Beadlocks on all 4's 22" RAZR2 Fronts 20" GNCC's Rear (4snow during winter time!)
Protection: Pro-Armor Belly Skid PRM Swing Skid Pro-Armor Fat-Pegs PowerMadd Handguards
Candy: ESR Temp Gauge 60cx Garmin GPS Full Cut Fenders TrailTech 55W Halo Headlights
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I am unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsrappy View Post
I was driving my 660 raptor 2005, and suddenly my throttle was stoppinh and coming back on, which started after i put in 95 octane fuel, anyway then today i noticed that everytime the throttle shuts down my reverse light pops on, and when it goes back off i have control again. anybody have any idea what is causing this? I was going to use it this weekend but with this its undrivable.
Fix the connection at the reverse switch by the drive sprocket. Green and white wire

686 three plugger with HV porting, 39 FCRS, Curtis Sparks exhaust, Dyna FS CDI

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Well before all this the reverse light didn't even go on, so now it suddenly decides to act up but closes down the throttle, i shall check the wires and see what ill find. hopefully i don't need a new sensor.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I am unique

Quote:
Well before all this the reverse light didn't even go on, so now it suddenly decides to act up but closes down the throttle, i shall check the wires and see what ill find. hopefully i don't need a new sensor.
Check it out and let us know...........

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

okay so I started it up and now my reverse light stays on the whole time, I played with my wires and nothing seems to make it turn off.. could my switch be stuck or something? I see no wires coming from the switch whatsoever and its a metal cord, where do my wires come out of the engine that control that stuff?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 AM
I am unique

Quote:
okay so I started it up and now my reverse light stays on the whole time, I played with my wires and nothing seems to make it turn off.. could my switch be stuck or something? I see no wires coming from the switch whatsoever and its a metal cord, where do my wires come out of the engine that control that stuff?
Ground the green and white wire at the Cdi.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

where is the cdi? im a bit new to this, I have found the green and white wire and followed it down its hanging loose.. an d if I unplug the connectors my neutral light goes out but the reverse thing still persists. its definitely a limiter that's messing things up, I appreciate your help. and also it was already grounded before the connection place, when I touch it nothing happens so im not sure what is wrong now.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

alright its fixed, I grounded it like you said. thanks a lot man!
knock on wood!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I am unique

Quote:
alright its fixed, I grounded it like you said. thanks a lot man!
knock on wood!
Awesome.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode